Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
12-20-09 08:26 PM
31 12
tools
    OK, I just bought a 9000 this week. I have never owned a blackberry before and I have some questions reguarding application memory. I was looking at apps on my laptop and seen one that I liked and tried loading it onto my 9000. It says it can't load due to low application memory. I do a search and find out where to see my memory and it says I have 2.8mb of application memory. I have never installed anything on this phone and have no messages of any kind on here. The only apps are the ones that came on the phone.

What is going on here?
    12-05-09 12:12 AM
    You might have some different applications on there already that have stole some of your memory.

Go to options, advanced options, and applications, and post all of the apps you have on here for us to see.

And also make sure all of your photos, videos, ringtones if you have any are SAVED to memory card NOT PHONE MEMORY.
    12-05-09 12:20 AM
    OK, I just conected my 9000 to my laptop and opened desktop manager and application loader and it says that I have 117.8mb of free space, but my 9000 now shows 5.2mb of free space.

What is going on here
    12-05-09 12:22 AM
    Go to options really quick on your berry and go to MEMORY, how much free memory do you have for your apps, and how much memory do you have for device memory?
    12-05-09 12:24 AM
    bb 4.6 core app
    bb 4.6 sys soft
    bb app world
    bb app center
    bb attachment services
    bb maps
    bb messenger
    brickbreaker
    browser
    docs to go
    email set up app
    media player
    memo pad
    nav4all
    password keeper
    phone
    tty support
    tasks
    the weathernetwork shortcut
    windows live messenger

pics and music are on my 8gig sd
    12-05-09 12:27 AM
    Hmm, and when you attempt to load an application on there, it wont let you?
    12-05-09 12:29 AM
    I just pulled the battery and it shows

app memory 32.0mb
    device mem
    total 859.2
    free 855.4
    12-05-09 12:32 AM
    on the list of apps what can i delete?
    whats tty?
    do i need email setup?
    12-05-09 12:34 AM
    Hmm, and when you attempt to load an application on there, it wont let you?
    it might now but not when it showed 2.8mb
    but i must have a problem to have a phone thats 3 days old and have made 4 calls and I cant load apps due to low memory
    12-05-09 12:36 AM
    Thats exactly what I was going to suggest next, you have to do a battery pull at least once every day. I would download an app called QUICKPULL, app world has it and it automatically does battery pulls for you depending on how you set it and what time. It will also automatically restart your berry for you if the application memory falls below 20mb, it does that to ensure that you will be running smooth.
    12-05-09 12:37 AM
    what kind of crap is this. I thought bb's where good
    12-05-09 12:39 AM
    the guys at the cell phone store did not tell me I had to take the battery out daily. Maybe I should return it
    12-05-09 12:42 AM
    Blackberrys are great. On the list of apps I would personally delete tty, tty is for the hearing impaired. I would leave email setup. You need that in order to be able to set up your emails if you have the internet on your berry available. Id also delete nav4all. Dont need that piece, replace it with googlemaps(awesome app).

If you have any further questions we are all here to help.
    Last edited by Hamann430; 12-05-09 at 06:42 PM.
    12-05-09 12:44 AM
    if the application loader softwear says i have 117mb and the phone says i have 32mb where is the missing memory?
    12-05-09 12:46 AM
    Blackberrys are great. On the list of apps I would personally delete tty, tty is a form of walkie talkie, outdated. I would leave email setup. You need that in order to be able to set up your emails if you have the internet on your berry is available. Id also delete nav4all. Dont need that piece, replace it with googlemaps(awesome app).

12-05-09 12:48 AM
    Blackberrys are great. On the list of apps I would personally delete tty, tty is a form of walkie talkie, outdated. I would leave email setup. You need that in order to be able to set up your emails if you have the internet on your berry available. Id also delete nav4all. Dont need that piece, replace it with googlemaps(awesome app).

Thanks is google maps a gps thing or just a map thing like bb maps. If I already have my email set up do I still need the setup app?
    12-05-09 12:49 AM
    Thanks is google maps a gps thing or just a map thing like bb maps. If I already have my email set up do I still need the setup app?
    I would personally keep it incase you might want to delete an email from the berry and re-add another one, the email setup is important, however it is not my berry.

The battery pull once a day or every two days is not necessary, however you have to understand its like a computer, you have to right click once in awhile and refresh the memory so to speak.
    Last edited by Hamann430; 12-05-09 at 12:55 AM.
    12-05-09 12:51 AM
    and yes the googlemaps is like bbmaps, bbmaps is a waste of space. I would personally delete bbmaps and add googlemaps.
    12-05-09 12:53 AM
    You can find google maps in this order, go to your browser on your berry go to google.com type in googlemaps blackberry....google maps is together and click the first link that pops up and download it if you would like.
    12-05-09 12:59 AM
    Thanks again, I will do that.

What is the point of app world if there is not enough memory to load apps.

I knew nothing about bb when I bought it this week but just assumed it would be able to install apps.

If I had my time back I would have not bought it. I even bought a 8 gig sd card to keep from having these problems.

I cant belive that people love these things. I cant belive app world even exists.
    12-05-09 01:15 AM
    Thanks again, I will do that.

What is the point of app world if there is not enough memory to load apps.

I knew nothing about bb when I bought it this week but just assumed it would be able to install apps.

If I had my time back I would have not bought it. I even bought a 8 gig sd card to keep from having these problems.

I cant belive that people love these things. I cant belive app world even exists.

Well, the 8gb is there to ensure you dont steal memory from the device itself, you CANNOT load apps onto the memory card. The device already comes onboard with 1gb of memory, so technically now you have 9gb of memory, but use only the 8gb. The bold is the flagship of Blackberry as well, its an awesome phone, if you were close by I would show you some of the things it can do.

App world is great, but most take the apps they need from it and delete app world right after to free up app space.

Like I said before, if you have any issues with the Berry let us all know, we are all here to help and congrats you are now part of the Blackberry world!

With time and patience on getting to know your berry, you will end up loving it. I personally HATED berrys, I thought they were the biggest pieces ever introduced to the Cell phone industry, however, now, I will NOT use any other device.

You have email, sms, fast 3g network, full qwerty keyboard, have the ability to even open up a garage door with one!
    12-05-09 01:58 AM
    I just alt-shift-del every morning before I take a bath, that way its rebooting while I'm in the shower so I'm not missing anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 03:16 AM
    Is bb ever going to fix this problem. And allow device memory or sd memory to be used for app memory
    12-05-09 09:48 AM
    TTY is actually not a walkie talkie. It is teletype for the deaf. If you do not have a hearing disability, you can delete it. Check out this thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

This thread is also good. http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ne...memory-142376/

I have the following apps installed:
    • App Store
    • Blackberry App World
    • Blackberry 4.6 Core applications
    • Blackberry 4.6 system software
    • Blackberry Application Center
    • Blackberry Attachment Service
    • Blackberry Messenger
    • Blackberry Visual Voicmail
    • Browser
    • CBLauncher
    • 2 3rd party themes
    • Documents to Go premium
    • Email Setup application
    • Flipside
    • Forward, Reply and Edit
    • Google Maps
    • I Love Blackberry
    • IHeartradio
    • Memo pad
    • Nobex Radio Companion
    • Opera Mini
    • PDF to Go
    • Phone
    • QuickLaunch
    • QuickPull
    • Slacker Radio
    • Tasks
    • WeatherEye
    • Yellowpages.com mobile

I used CrackMem to delete the vendor themes, vendor wallpaper, sample video. I have 38 MB app memory free after installing quite a few 3rd party apps.
    12-05-09 12:06 PM
    I'm sure this has been answered dozens of times but I can't seem to find it...

Is there no way to increase application memory?
    Can we not reallocate capacity from device memory to application memory?

It seems such a basic thing rather than having to pull battery, download battery pullers and deleting bundled software!

Thanks
    12-19-09 08:33 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD