I just installed the latest 5.0 OS, everything runs smooth but I can't see my owner or information in the home screen when I lock the device anymore, is there a way to have this shown all the time? even if I don't lock it? I was thinking about a custom theme or something, I really need that info/owner to be shown in the home screen, locked or unlocked

I really love my BB, especially with this OS

thanks!
    03-11-10 09:44 AM
    yeah...think OS 5.0 disables this when key lock was removed...I haven't been able to get my info up either...
    03-11-10 10:17 AM
    yes, the strange thing is that when I reboot my phone, before it starts for a few seconds it displays both the owner and the info but just for a few seconds, so is this a bug?

thanks for the reply
    03-11-10 10:28 AM
    might be a bug (?)...im actually surprised that no one else has chimed in with any info on this...
    03-11-10 05:05 PM
    I believe you are both correct. That info only shows up now if you have a password set and the phone locked.
    03-12-10 09:37 AM
    LOL...i was just about to post the same thing...i set up the password lock to try it...thats the only way it works...bit of a pain...but you know how it is...
    03-12-10 11:44 AM
    hey i don't know , but one thing that i know is that i have a bold9000 and my provider is t-mobile, and for the past weeks i've been trying to update to 5.0 and it seems imposible, and about the vendor.exe or xml. to those that can't find it, how and where do you get it. Thank you who ever tell us about it.....
    03-12-10 12:02 PM
    hey i don't know , but one thing that i know is that i have a bold9000 and my provider is t-mobile, and for the past weeks i've been trying to update to 5.0 and it seems imposible, and about the vendor.exe or xml. to those that can't find it, how and where do you get it. Thank you who ever tell us about it.....
    BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com

Welcome to Crackberry! Next time you're looking for an answer, do a quick search to see if it has already been answered (like the link above). If it hasn't, start a new thread instead of derailing someone else's question. It increases your chances of getting an answer because people will actually see it

Good luck!
    03-12-10 01:04 PM
    I searched and found this although I have a 9550. My owner info doesn't show and I got this phone as an upgrade 3 weeks ago. Someone mentioned using a password but that did not work either. I miss that info being shown because I offer a reward if found. : (

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 08:32 AM
    You have to type the owner info in options / owner and then lock the phone for it to show. If you have any recent version of 5.0, you need to set a password and press (not hold) the "k" key to lock (or wait for it to time out, or put it in a holster) for it to work. Locking it with the mute button won't show the owner info.
    05-03-10 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD