My Bold has been wonderful for the two months I have owned it. Today, it began acting weird.

First: I took the device out of my pocket where it had been for about 30 minutes. The red LED was flashing (I had new messages) but the screen would not "wake" so I pulled the battery.

Second: After the battery pull above, about 30 minutes later, I was responding to an SMS message and the screen display became corrupt. As I moved the cursor around, the text would become "garbled". Same thing on the "home" screen. So another battery pull. Been working ok since the 2nd battery pull.

No doubt no one else here has experienced this type of behavior.

Is my Bold dieing?
    07-31-09 08:26 PM
    I'm on WAP so I can't see your carrier. But what version device software are you using? Go to Options>About what does it list under BlackBerry 9000 (smartphone wifi)??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 08:31 PM
    Oops forgot to include that. Sorry!

- carrier is at&t
    - using Rogers .282 (.235)
    - BeBerry Theme

I'm on WAP so I can't see your carrier. But what version device software are you using? Go to Options>About what does it list under BlackBerry 9000 (smartphone wifi)??

07-31-09 08:57 PM
    No problem my friend. Honestly I can't say I've ever had the problems you described. But here's what I would do. Delete any old messages, texts, call log, etc. Then hold alt and then press L G L G
    The event log will pull up. Press Menu>Clear Log. After you clear the log, pull the battery for 30 seconds to a minute. See if that doesn't help. If not post back here again, and we'll go from there.

Edit: have you recently installed any new applications?
    07-31-09 09:01 PM
    Cleared the log etc. Thanks for the help.

About a week ago I installed Google Voice and the Crackberry App Store (mobihand). What's the last thing I did different today? I set a password.

No problem my friend. Honestly I can't say I've ever had the problems you described. But here's what I would do. Delete any old messages, texts, call log, etc. Then hold alt and then press L G L G
    The event log will pull up. Press Menu>Clear Log. After you clear the log, pull the battery for 30 seconds to a minute. See if that doesn't help. If not post back here again, and we'll go from there.

Edit: have you recently installed any new applications?
    07-31-09 09:23 PM
    And keeping the Bold in your pocket could possibly be causing some issues...Just a thought
    07-31-09 09:29 PM
    Won't swear to it but I think I had it in "standby". Won't swear to it.

And keeping the Bold in your pocket could possibly be causing some issues...Just a thought
    07-31-09 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD