Alright so I'm on a few days with this Bold now and I'm well aware of the application memory problem where you can't really install that many apps or it goes below 12mbs and I've used Memmax and done some other things but things don't seem to function properly after I go through these walkthroughs. There HAS to be a real fix for this problem. I can't believe that a company as big as RIM would put something out that has a problem like this. It blows my mind actually. I work in IT and I use different phones all the time and I've never heard of anything like this. Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to be able to install apps and use my phone without having to reboot all that time. I can't believe there isn't a better way. Please advise. Thanks.
    08-06-09 10:23 AM
    Install quickpull and schedule a reboot every morning before you wake up. During the day, close apps when you're done with them.
    08-06-09 10:53 AM
    Okay. I did have it scheduled but it prompts me when I wake up before it does it. Maybe this is because I put it in standby mode then wake it up and it runs it right away. Is there a keyboard shortcut or another way to close them without going to the menu every time?
    08-06-09 11:29 AM
    Iirc due to RIM API the phone must be "unlocked" & on in order to for quick pull to run.

Standby for one powers the system basically off.
    08-06-09 11:31 AM
    Got it. Any keyboard shortcut to really close an application?
    08-06-09 11:44 AM
    Not that I'm aware of.
    08-06-09 03:42 PM
    Alright so I'm on a few days with this Bold now and I'm well aware of the application memory problem where you can't really install that many apps or it goes below 12mbs and I've used Memmax and done some other things but things don't seem to function properly after I go through these walkthroughs. There HAS to be a real fix for this problem. I can't believe that a company as big as RIM would put something out that has a problem like this. It blows my mind actually. I work in IT and I use different phones all the time and I've never heard of anything like this. Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to be able to install apps and use my phone without having to reboot all that time. I can't believe there isn't a better way. Please advise. Thanks.

what OS are you running? I was a hold out for the longest time with the original .167 them finally updated the OS to .237.

With .167 my memory was always around 15-19 MB..
    with .237 it rarely goes below 45MB!

sounds like you need to update your OS...
    08-06-09 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD