So im pretty sure my phone has a memory leak from an app. i was told to delete one by one and try it out a day to see if i notice a change in my free mem, but i dont wanna waste my time.. does anyone kno of any programs that mem leaks?? heres a list of da apps i have:
    AP Mobile News
    Washington Post
    CNN
    CNN Money
    Crackberry launcher and app launcher
    Facebook
    Accuweather push
    Opera Mini 4.1
    Viigo Beta
    AIM
    Myboxtone insight
    blackberry wallet
    blackberry maps
    ESPN
    and da apps dat comes with an ATT branded Bold
    i properly close programs and only leave myboxtone running (other than da ones u cant close)
    11-17-08 12:27 PM
    Viigo eats memory like a fat guy at the Sizzler buffet!
    11-17-08 12:33 PM
    Viigo eats memory like a fat guy at the Sizzler buffet!
    i heard it does if u leave it open, but i dont leave it running. i only open it when i wanna look something up and let it reload from there. is it still a fat guy??
    11-17-08 12:35 PM
    try deleting unwanted help files, other languages and demo video files...that should proba save you some memory...

If the problem still persists, go ahead and start uninstalling each app one by one...
    11-17-08 12:35 PM
    I am willing to bet anything that it is the Facebook app. This app has cause numerous issues with memory, battery drainage, not receiving e-mails...
    11-17-08 12:36 PM
    Didn't know Facebook is a killer. Was just about to install it today, will wait for some more revews I guess

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 12:38 PM
    Didn't know Facebook is a killer. Was just about to install it today, will wait for some more revews I guess

Yes Facebook has been a known issue for this. I would wait to try the new version that is suppose to come out in Jan 09 to see if there are improvements.
    11-17-08 01:31 PM
    Intersting.. I love how I'm able to upload pix from my phone straight to facebook. I guess I can live without it. Imma delete it and do a batt pull. Will report findings later

11-17-08 05:01 PM
    Facebook and Viigo both have many user reports here for memory leaking.

Closing the application won't always resolve the losses due to a memory leak. The general concept is that if a process requests memory allocation the owner (same process) *must* release the allocation when it is no longer required - and in any case immediately before the parent app terminates. Other applications are not allowed to touch the allocated memory. If this release fails an orphan block of addresses will be marked as 'used'. The memory manager should respect that allocation even if the app is closed, and the block will be skipped by garbage collection and never returned to pool. Next time you open the app it does the same trick again, and another block is marked, and another, and....
    Last edited by branta; 11-17-08 at 05:32 PM.
    11-17-08 05:28 PM
    WOW! once i deleted facebook my free mem went from 26 to 42!! and i didnt even have to do a batt pull!! damnnn!
    lets see how long itll last
    11-17-08 05:30 PM
    what should the "normal" amount of memory be?

I have the following:
    google maps
    crackberry link
    Opera Mini
    google mobile apps
    the weather channel

I have 31.5 MB of application memory free, along with 851 MB of free space (Device memory).. is this typical?

I did get a "low memory" message earlier this evening and it promted me to delete the spanish language...
    11-17-08 11:14 PM
    what should the "normal" amount of memory be?

I have the following:
    google maps
    crackberry link
    Opera Mini
    google mobile apps
    the weather channel

I have 31.5 MB of application memory free, along with 851 MB of free space (Device memory).. is this typical?

I did get a "low memory" message earlier this evening and it promted me to delete the spanish language...
    I got this same message and deleting the spanish did nothing to improve space, anyone else have a clue?
    11-19-08 06:44 AM
    30MBytes free memory should not trigger a low memory alert.
    11-19-08 08:41 AM
    My Bold hovers around 30MB as well but I have never received a low memory warning.

11-19-08 08:53 AM
    How can I check the mem.

11-19-08 08:55 AM
    Options>Status

RTFM Marine!
    11-19-08 10:50 AM
    So im pretty sure my phone has a memory leak from an app. i was told to delete one by one and try it out a day to see if i notice a change in my free mem, but i dont wanna waste my time.. does anyone kno of any programs that mem leaks?? heres a list of da apps i have:
    AP Mobile News
    Washington Post
    CNN
    CNN Money
    Crackberry launcher and app launcher
    Facebook
    Accuweather push
    Opera Mini 4.1
    Viigo Beta
    AIM
    Myboxtone insight
    blackberry wallet
    blackberry maps
    ESPN
    and da apps dat comes with an ATT branded Bold
    i properly close programs and only leave myboxtone running (other than da ones u cant close)

Its CNN that leaks like a busted bladder
    11-15-09 11:11 PM
    for me, i dont have facebook or viigo and i still get memory leak.
    11-15-09 11:58 PM
    for me, i dont have facebook or viigo and i still get memory leak.
    Do you have a Twitter client running in the background? I've noticed that TweetGenius can leak some memory, but Ubertwitter and SocialScope seem much better....
    11-16-09 05:58 AM
    There is an app called Memory Flash, that releases those "held" blocks of ram. I have been using it for a week and can actually see the difference in free memory and performance.

MemoryFlash - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    11-16-09 12:57 PM
    Its CNN that leaks like a busted bladder
    Really? I just started to notice some loss and have been using the CNN app for months. I will have to check that out.
    11-16-09 12:59 PM
    Intersting.. I love how I'm able to upload pix from my phone straight to facebook. I guess I can live without it.
    if you have facebook configured with your cell number i think you can still email a photo directly from your BB to mobile@facebook.com and it should post directly to your account.
    11-16-09 01:07 PM
    Do you have a Twitter client running in the background? I've noticed that TweetGenius can leak some memory, but Ubertwitter and SocialScope seem much better....
    i've got ubertwitter but i dont run in the background.

who knows whats leading to the leak.
    11-16-09 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD