Is there any way to make my phone not re scan the media card every time it restarts? It makes the phone lag for a several minutes which is extremely annoying

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 11:54 PM
    nope, that is how it indexes your music. Its true the phone lags for a bit, but all your music is easy to search, grouped by artists or name automatically. I dont use iTunes as I only drag and drop my files on my sd card, and I really like that my Bold does everything on its own.
    08-05-09 12:08 AM
    nope, that is how it indexes your music. Its true the phone lags for a bit, but all your music is easy to search, grouped by artists or name automatically. I dont use iTunes as I only drag and drop my files on my sd card, and I really like that my Bold does everything on its own.
    Agreed. I do use iTunes because I just like the software, but I don't use it to control my media on my Bold, or any software for that matter. I just drag and drop since it's convenient for me.

Chris
    08-05-09 12:21 AM
    I do that also but shouldn't it be able to just scan the first time and only re scan when I tell it to, not every time?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 12:25 AM
    That could break things. Imagine if you computer didn't go through some sort of an indexing/filesystem scan during the boot every time you turned it on. It would be bad...

Chris
    08-05-09 12:27 AM
    Its not really that bad once you to get used to it. Plus you can still use your phone for anything while its scanning including anything on the media card.
    08-05-09 01:21 AM
    All of what is said above is true.

If you restart your phone one day and it isn't scanning, you better worry.
    08-05-09 02:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD