I need to use my bold as a modem to a wireless router with out setting up in a computer to start with. is there any way to load the needed drivers & program to the phone
    07-31-09 07:54 AM
  2. A
    I'm not sure that's possible. The only two ways I'm aware of to use your Bold as a modem requires some software to be installed on the target PC.

Using Tetherberry --> requires PC sofwtware
    Using the standard way (as documented in the How-To forum) requires the BB Device Manager to be running on the target PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 08:43 AM
    You can use your blackberry to get on the internet using the program tetherberry. i am currently using it and i works awesome....not need to buy a cellphone carrier's wireless card if you have a blackberry
    07-31-09 10:22 AM
    07-31-09 10:25 AM
  5. A
    You can use your blackberry to get on the internet using the program tetherberry. i am currently using it and i works awesome....not need to buy a cellphone carrier's wireless card if you have a blackberry
    The OP specifically asked if it was possible to do it WITHOUT having to add anything to the computer. Tetherberry requires a client installed on a PC. For the OP, that's a no-go.
    07-31-09 12:08 PM
    I need to use my bold as a modem to a wireless router with out setting up in a computer to start with. is there any way to load the needed drivers & program to the phone
    search up tethering

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 12:18 PM
    What options do you have on your router? Bluetooth, USB modem, or only a network jack? That is going to have an impact upon this.

Side comments: how much traffic will be going through the blackberry? Is this a permanent setup or a temporary one? What are you planning on doing about calls (if anything)?
    07-31-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD