Hi

I have a BB Bold and from time to time the trackball turns into a shortcut for hl and the back button turns into uo. I have looked at some of the threads here and there but noone seems to have the right solution. I expect it to be a software issue, but can anyone help a novice Bold user with solving this annoying error??
    08-10-09 04:42 AM
    well the first thing you can do, assuming youve tried batery pulls, is to wipe the device and upgrade to a newer OS. 282 and 266 seem to be the most popular. if that doesn't work for you then you can try to replace the keyboard. and if that fails then its a hardware problem and you will need to get a new one through warranty
    08-10-09 05:09 AM
    I have a BB Bold and from time to time the trackball turns into a shortcut for hl and the back button turns into uo.
    If you have a new phone then return it to the phone company for replacement under the Blackberry one year warranty

DO NOT mess with it so that you void the warranty .. and certainly do not open the screws inside the phone!
    08-10-09 11:08 AM
    well the first thing you can do, assuming youve tried batery pulls, is to wipe the device and upgrade to a newer OS. 282 and 266 seem to be the most popular. if that doesn't work for you then you can try to replace the keyboard. and if that fails then its a hardware problem and you will need to get a new one through warranty
    wouldn't a bad keyboard be a hardware problem?
    08-10-09 11:15 AM
    wouldn't a bad keyboard be a hardware problem?
    Yup. And if you try to replace it you void the warranty so you wouldn't be able to return it for a new one.
    08-10-09 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD