I was checking out the latest version of Blackberry Appworld, and downloaded Ka-Glom! Free.

It was ok, but then I tried to delete it (like I've deleted many things in the past). After the reboot I'm now greeted with this error message:

"Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.i18n.MissingResourceException"

Also, the first app I have shown on the homescreen is "Ka-Glom Free (Archived)".

Also, when I try to run Yatca, I get the same error message above.

I've trying restoring Ka-Glom and deleting it again, but same error. Also, if I restore it I still get the error when I boot up.

I tried connecting to Desktop Manager and syncing my apps through that, and also deleting Ka-Glom, but I still get the same error... and no matter what I can't fun Yatca anymore.

Can anyone help?
    08-10-09 12:49 PM
    Ka-Glom didn't ruin your BB, it's solid software. I feel your pain though, the new App World has been really buggy for me as well. My money's on that being the root of your trouble. When I upgraded, the new little indicator icon that tells me there's an update waiting for me in App World got stuck on even though I had no updates, and it stayed there until I deleted the whole app and re-installed it OTA. Try removing App World, rebooting, reinstall it via OTA, and then remove Ka-Glom from within App World instead of deleting it the way you would other apps. On my Bold, App World really starts freaking out if you don't continue to use it to manage apps you started using via App World.

Let us know if that works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 01:06 PM
    I was getting that exact same error when trying to run yatca. When I deleted it, it went away. I think your problem lies with yatca, not the app you downloaded.
    08-10-09 01:09 PM
    Try a simple battery pull.
    08-10-09 01:12 PM
    Sorry, I didn't have time for a battery pull with all the rebooting I've been doing.
    08-10-09 01:17 PM
    Ok... I discovered that there is a compatibility issue with the latest version of Appworld and Yatca. Ka-Glom had nothing to do with the problem.

Thanks for the help (except for the battery pull guy).
    08-10-09 01:20 PM
    Ok... I discovered that there is a compatibility issue with the latest version of Appworld and Yatca. Ka-Glom had nothing to do with the problem.

Anytime, glad to be of no service with your next issue.
    08-10-09 01:44 PM
    "Battery pull guy" is one of the most knowlegable and helpful people on this site. You should be a little more respectful and patient about people helping you.

Why dont you click on the link in his signature and see who you just dissed.
    Last edited by slite; 08-10-09 at 04:48 PM.
    08-10-09 04:42 PM
    I read that too, and was like "oh snap!"
    08-10-09 04:46 PM
    If you're going to be an *** why don't you take your problems somewhere else next time.

08-10-09 05:05 PM
    I don't understand people like you FligMupple. Your obviously a newbie, you overreacted and instantly jump to the conclusion that a fun, addictive and free app ruined your BlackBerry. You then first thing posted asking for help.

No one offended you for being a newbie, that should have maybe realized that the new version of app world was a little buggy. I mean it has been discussed more then once. When I have a problem with my BB I try to read about the problem and help myself first, that of course is besides the point.

But for you to wrongly blame a free app, Not even try to figure out the problem yourself and then insult an very helpful member of this community for trying to help you is just insanity to me.
    08-10-09 05:12 PM
    Try a simple battery pull.
    +1.

I think if the word 'simple' had been omitted, there wouldn't have been as much offense taken.
    08-10-09 09:14 PM
    +1.

I think if the word 'simple' had been omitted, there wouldn't have been as much offense taken.
    He wasnt calling the newbie "simple", but it was completely obvious by the poster's panic that he had done ZERO research on the problem. All Fliggie says about his process is that he has "rebooted" the phone. Its NOT the same as a battery pull. Rebooting is usually a soft boot. Fliggie was so panicked by such a simple problem, that it is only right that bt224 start at the beginning with the issue as it was obvious that this was a person who didnt have any experience.

I will never help Fliggie and I think that there should be a boycot of such people on this board. BT224 has helped hundreds of people directly and probably thousands with his website. When I joined this board last month (as a newbie, but with a lot of tech experience) I read a lot of posts, to see who was who and do research on my issue (wow...to see if someone else had solved it). I saw the same names over and over...and a lot of THANK YOU's right after their posts. Those people deserve the respect they have earned.

Is it so hard when asking for help to have some humility? Damn I have several issues unresolved that I have questions about and id rather have bt224 help me than some panicked know-it-all with an inferiority complex!
    08-10-09 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD