03-19-09 01:10 AM
34 12
tools
    I am now on .247 and still drop calls. I have tried switching sims and even had ATT update my IMEI info etc. I have tried another Bold. My Boss also drops calls all the time on his Bold too. Any ideas on what may be the problems here. SF Bay Area. Even happens at home where I have 5 bars 3G.
    03-11-09 01:58 PM
    I am now on .247 and still drop calls. I have tried switching sims and even had ATT update my IMEI info etc. I have tried another Bold. My Boss also drops calls all the time on his Bold too. Any ideas on what may be the problems here. SF Bay Area. Even happens at home where I have 5 bars 3G.
    Ideally, you'd want to switch to 2G mode. I'm sure that would clear it up.
    03-11-09 02:04 PM
    I feel your pain. I have also tried all of the OS and still get dropped calls. I also get call fails when I dial out and sometimes it doesn't ring and goes straight to voice mail.
    I live in Westchester, NY and this happens in NYC and on Long Island.
    03-11-09 02:06 PM
    Yea unfotunatley ATT does not let you switch to 2G and the unbranding process sounds like a pain and you loose the ATT wifi and assisted gps.
    03-11-09 02:18 PM
    The phone is not the problem its Att network. That why I am on tmo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 02:21 PM
    I had a problem with dropped calls on my bold and within the 30 days I went back to AT&T and they exchanged my device. Since I have exchanged my dropped calls problem has gone away. In my case I will have to assume the network was fine and the bold was the problematic.
    03-11-09 03:18 PM
    The phone is not the problem its Att network. That why I am on tmo

Curious what data you are using to determine that's the cause for him...
    03-11-09 03:20 PM
    Have you tried going back to the stock AT&T ROM? I am still running it and have never had a single dropped call since I got it on release day last November (on a 3G network in Athens, GA).
    03-11-09 03:24 PM
    probably the fact that 90% of the complaints of dropped calls are AT&T users.

disclaimer - i totally made that stat up, but it sounds accurate.
    03-11-09 04:30 PM
    my brother just switched to AT&T to get the bold and he drops all day long..... its the service. I had ATT for awhile and had to get out of the contract.
    howz your internet
    03-11-09 04:37 PM
    It sounds like it's an AT&T network issue. I remember when the Nokia E71-2 came out and about 70% of the people who were complaining about dropped calls and 3G issues are with AT&T. It's the risk you take when you use a 3G phone on a Network that is not stable yet. The fact that the OP said his boss' Bold drop calls as well, pretty much confirms it's a network problem and not an issue with the Bold.
    03-11-09 04:43 PM
    It sounds like it's an AT&T network issue. I remember when the Nokia E71-2 came out and about 70% of the people who were complaining about dropped calls and 3G issues are with AT&T. It's the risk you take when you use a 3G phone on a Network that is not stable yet. The fact that the OP said his boss' Bold drop calls as well, pretty much confirms it's a network problem and not an issue with the Bold.
    Good luck with that issue. I've had a few dropped calls- depending on where I am in the network area. I just received my new(.....certified refurbished) BOLD. So far no issues. I received an e-mail that At&t were having some outages a few days ago.
    03-11-09 04:57 PM
    I was on att andmy phone was always dropping calls, so was my wife and my inlaws. So that's why I said it was att. I have been with tmo for six months and have not had one droped call. Any more questions

03-11-09 04:58 PM
    Hm I'm on AT&T and no dropped calls at all. My BlackJack before the Bold dropped calls all the time, SMH
    03-11-09 06:19 PM
    I was on att andmy phone was always dropping calls, so was my wife and my inlaws. So that's why I said it was att. I have been with tmo for six months and have not had one droped call. Any more questions

I've had dropped calls on Tmobile. That means other people having dropped calls is because of Tmobile (not true at all). Nothing like wild, sweeping assumptions...
    03-11-09 06:26 PM
    The more people complain at AT&T, the sooner it'll get fixed....

03-11-09 06:28 PM
    Should be easy then with how many Verizon/Tmobile people do so...
    03-11-09 06:34 PM
    Definitely a network issue, though I don't think that it's uniform across the country. I know of three guys who were went to a conference together in Florida: two had AT&T plans, one was on O2 roaming on AT&T. Upon arrival, all three found that their BlackBerries were rebooting every 10-15min or so. Once they switched to 2G-only mode, the problem stopped.
    03-11-09 07:51 PM
    I think the bold struggles with holding a signal in areas, that are more edge areas than 3g. I think the phone tries to seek a 3g signal more so than edge which is actually widely avail rather than 3g.
    03-12-09 03:26 PM
    Original poster, I feel your pain in Philly!

03-12-09 06:24 PM
    I dropped a couple 3 calls a week on Verizon. I travel all over the NY Tristate
    Area. The day I switched to ATT and this Bold, I dropped 5 calls in one day.
    Since that day, 10 days ago, I've dropped a call per day, sometimes 2.
    It seems to happen whenever the phone drops from 3G down to EDGE.
    I still don't GAS because this phone is 1000 times better for me than the
    Verizon curve. I hope that ATT fills in their pop spots a little better soon.

03-12-09 06:40 PM
    I have been having problems with droped calls and failed when trying to dial out. I live in long island and have att and the bold. I had the curve before this and I didnt have this problem as much. I do think the network plays a part but I def had better call stability on the curve.
    03-12-09 07:29 PM
    The dropped call thing is getting really bad now here in northern NJ/NY. I'm still within my 30 day trial and the thought os cancelling has popped in and out of my mind often. I wonder what I'm going to do.

03-18-09 08:41 PM
    It's not the OS, it's the AT&T NETWORK. The IPhone and the Bold and the Storm are draining the 3G network horrifically and AT&T has some major overhauling to do. With all the outages, this causes the phones to drop calls. Strictly AT&T problem for the Bold.
    Yep. CX mentioned the ongoing overhaul for AT&T months and months ago. Based on current events, I doubt that it will happen as quickly as we would like it to happen.

03-18-09 08:49 PM
    With att on .247 I have not dropped a call yet its been two weeks so far. Knock on wood.

03-18-09 08:51 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD