Hey,

I have a question, me and my partner text message alot and it is getting expensive. She is not keen on the idea of a Blackberry ( to use blackberry messenger ) so I was wondering if there are any ( prefferably free ) messengers that will run on both blackberry and a wide range of phones so she may choose another one. ie Nokia or SonyEric or Samsung?

Cheers
    06-22-09 06:00 AM
    You could try Google Talk.
    06-22-09 06:11 AM
    WLM, Google Talk and Yahoo instant messenger applications are available on a wide range of phones so you have several options.

All are available for your blackberry too and use data from your data plan so no extra costs will be incurred

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 06:17 AM
    Just make sure she's on the right plan herself. Sometimes those IM programs charge you an SMS message for each message sent or received.

06-22-09 06:19 AM
    A correct data plan for your partner is essential as most I'm clients would require you to be connected in order to start a chat. With the exception for BB Messenger where it is online by *default* anyway if it has a connection and your messages gets through. There's always those 3td party telephony clients that you can text via their servers but still require data transmission.

06-22-09 06:24 AM
    Yahoo will allow you to send a message to her mobile and the only thing she'll get whacked for is an sms.

06-22-09 08:59 AM
    awesome, thanks heaps for all the help, can anyone recommend a phone that will run on umts850 that has one of these clients built in or will integrate nicely? as in not have to close out of an app to send normal sms and open again to send im?
    08-08-09 03:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD