Hey everyone,

I got my parts in today to unbrand my Bold and put the new bezel, keyboard, and trackball. I did the install and everything was fine, I noticed the trackball feels somewhat more recessed than the original.

has anyone else who's installed a G1 or 8900 trackball noticed that it is a bit more recessed than the standard trackball?
    08-13-09 12:21 AM
    My g/f and I noticed that when I replaced them on our bolds, but its been awhile and I'm used to it and it feels normal now. But yeah it did feel more recessed than the oem trackball.
    08-13-09 01:53 AM
    My g/f and I noticed that when I replaced them on our bolds, but its been awhile and I'm used to it and it feels normal now. But yeah it did feel more recessed than the oem trackball.

Ok thank you, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. Seemed a little odd.
    Thanks for the response.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 02:17 AM
    Well, I suppose it'll be a little different if you got a trackball from another phone. Kinda common sense.
    08-13-09 02:18 AM
    Do you have issues with your trackball in the browser?

Changed out my trackball and its fine everywhere but in the browser i have a work out just going side to side.
    08-13-09 05:07 AM
    Well, I suppose it'll be a little different if you got a trackball from another phone. Kinda common sense.
    Well I ordered the black one that said it was for the 8900 or the G1. It also said it was the same as any trackball blackberry so I figured it would be the same size.
    08-13-09 11:12 AM
    Do you have issues with your trackball in the browser?

Changed out my trackball and its fine everywhere but in the browser i have a work out just going side to side.
    Yeah that's where I noticed it the most. I adjusted the sensitivity to 80 on both and that helps a bit.

It does bother me a little bit. but not enough to put the crusty ball back in lol!
    08-13-09 11:13 AM
    I just put in a black G1 trackball just 2 days ago when I blacked out my Bold. It works just as good as the OEM ball. It does feel slightly different, but it doesn't bother me.
    08-13-09 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD