After doing so i did a restore on my backup....... everythings restored except my theme and those settings........ is there a way to get that to work?
    08-07-09 08:19 PM
    You have to re-select the theme you were usuing and manually arrange your icons to the way you had them before. It's a (minor) pain, but 'tis the price one pays for being on the cutting OS edge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 08:23 PM
    but the thing is the theme that i had previously. didnt transfer over when i did a restore
    08-07-09 08:26 PM
    Sounds like you just did a back up and restore for data and didn't separately back up 3d party apps (which would include 3d party themes). The upgrade to .282 (at least the Rogers version) should have done that for you, but you still should do the 3d party back up anyway. If you did in fact do this, follow the instructions on one of the upgrade threads for restoring 3d party apps. If not, you'll have to download the theme again.

08-08-09 01:27 AM
    I did the upgrade to Vodafone UK on my Orange UK Bold and also my girlfriend's Vodafone UK Bold and both phones, other than accepting a couple of license agreements came out with exactly the same themes we had set before and exactly the same 3rd party apps.

I'm guessing something went wrong in the backup and restore so it looks like you may have to re-install the theme?

Did any of your other 3rd party apps transfer over? If so it may be that the theme is incompatable depending on what you upgraded from although I'd be very surprised if that is the case.

08-08-09 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD