02-14-09 09:38 PM
38 12
tools
    I need help choosing! Can someone one help me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 09:19 PM
    Storm sucks.
    Get an iphone if you want media and web and bold if you are a power user for work

02-13-09 09:22 PM
    if you already have bought the bold stay with it. the touch screan on the storm is really hard to get used too.
    02-13-09 09:22 PM
    What's your priorities.

-Sms/chat/email/typing
    or
    -video/browsing/gaming

The gaming is debatable, but with the accelerometer and "consumer" orientation of the Storm I think it will outpace the Bold as far as new games go.

The decision is pretty easy to figure out based on that.
    02-13-09 09:24 PM
    I'm really debating the same thing.

The apps that keep coming out for it really amaze me.
    02-13-09 09:29 PM
    I have the Bold, Storm and 8900. The Storm shouldn't even be in your considerations. It should be between the Bold and 8900. I'm actually trying to sell my Storm. Its unlocked

02-13-09 09:43 PM
    It's all about personal preference really. Just do your homework on both devices and see which one would be better for you.

Chris
    02-13-09 09:44 PM
    I have the Bold, Storm and 8900. The Storm shouldn't even be in your considerations. It should be between the Bold and 8900. I'm actually trying to sell my Storm. Its unlocked

You have them all or two other people in your family have the other two? I can see having maybe an iPhone and a Bold or Bold and something else, but not a Bold and an 8900. Seems redundant, but hey if you've got the funds, more power to you bro.
    02-13-09 09:46 PM
    Avoid the Storm. It really doesn't do blackberry justice. (Yes I had one - iPhone wipes the floor with it)

02-13-09 09:53 PM
    I have all three. I switch them out. Right now I'm using my unlocked 8900.

02-13-09 09:53 PM
    If I used my phone primarily for media playback and browsing I'd get the Storm (or if you want Verizon for some other reasons, such as coverage). Otherwise the Bold is a no brainer.
    02-13-09 09:56 PM
    The Bold was and IS the best Berry out there! (Sorry 8900 users!) I like the "wide" feel of the phone and the keybaord is the best I've ever typed on. Also, with the fast processor, it runs any app without even a hiccup. I've hd mine since ATT released it officially in Novembe and I've never looked back. For fun, I keep my Curve 8300 charged so I can reminisce once in a while! Tried the Storm in a Verizon store and I liked the touchpadM I think it would be a good phone once they get a decent OS on it. Me? I really need the real keyboard!

02-13-09 11:34 PM
    it depends how much you type. Touchscreen keyboards can hold water to a real keyboard, especially the storm with the "click" system. You just cant type fast on it since you have to click and release the screen for each letter and if you go too fast it doesnt register the keypress.

8900 is nice compact size, but its the little brother of the Bold- smaller screen, slower processor. But it does have a better camera and more memory which the Bold should have had. But i dont think a camera is enough to make it a better choice, and the Bold still has plenty of memory for the average user.

unfortunately ATT's 8900 will be 3g-less too, or else I would have given it a look since its coming in the next few weeks and I just signed up with ATT and the Bold. Cant lose 3g, thats a deal breaker in data speed and the enhanced call quality it offers. Plus ATT is giving priority to 3g phones says the rumor and shifting edge to the backburner frequency.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 02-13-09 at 11:49 PM.
    02-13-09 11:47 PM
    I have all three. I switch them out. Right now I'm using my unlocked 8900.

What are your thoughts on the 8900 compared to the BOLD? Do you see yourself favoring one over the other?
    02-13-09 11:47 PM
    What are your thoughts on the 8900 compared to the BOLD? Do you see yourself favoring one over the other?
    I don't see the point of a new phone without 3g. That in itself should push you away from the 8900 and towards the BOLD!
    02-13-09 11:57 PM
    dont get them storm if you are planning on getting a touchscreen. the bold and storm are aimed toward different audiences, so it is difficult to decide. but if i were you, i would get either a bold or an iphone 3G.
    02-14-09 12:04 AM
    I just switched from the storm to the bold and I gotta say I'm pretty happy. I couldn't stand the glitches and the slow response. I kinda miss the suretype though even if it was on a touch screen. (Before that i had been using the pearl for like 4 years)..But I'm getting used to the qwerty keyboard!
    02-14-09 01:09 AM
    I have a bold and a Iphone 8gb and a 16gb

I have not got a 3G iPhone as the first one I got had a cracked outer shell .... did some research and its a common thing... will get the next 3G iPhone they release for sure...
    02-14-09 01:54 AM
    I agree with others.. if you want a touch screen you should get an iPhone since the touch interface is more refined.

I wouldn't recommend an unlocked Storm as a primary phone for various reasons, one of which is that you're stuck with the slower EDGE network.
    02-14-09 01:59 AM
    i was using the bold then i shifted to the storm ( hated it ) and am now back to the bold and happier than ever
    02-14-09 02:02 AM
    Tried the Storm for three weeks. Switched to the Bold and could not be happier. I also have an iPhone 3G, which can never be replace by the Storm.

If you need a stable, consistent, reliable, business-oriented device, then the Bold is for you; otherwise, try the iPhone. Storm will drive you nuts.

Just my two cents.

Pete
    02-14-09 02:06 AM
    no wifi on the Storm. Give me a break. It's not even close. Choose da Bold
    02-14-09 02:17 AM
    i had this same dilemma...last weekened ..i h ad both phones at the same time, and ill tell you for at&t stay with the bold... i know the storm is temptiing, but after a while youll get fed up with no wifi or 3g and youll also be angry everytime you have to re do configs with new os's and everytime the whole system slows down to "transition" with the bold everything is pop pop pop pop with the storm its pop poooop poOpopop ... really, the screen is great though i still miss clicking but in the long run youll need the bold
    02-14-09 03:03 AM
    Storm sucks.
    Get an iphone if you want media and web and bold if you are a power user for work

Agreed! Great advice!
    02-14-09 03:08 AM
    I use the bold for lots of browsing, movies and mp3/radio, as well as emails, diary, letters, reports. Best of all worlds. Storm and iphone are good if you only need a few functions, but the bold is the only smartphone in the world that can actually do it all.

02-14-09 04:00 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD