I recently bought BIS and can't seem to get my hotmail account to show my mail on my Bold. Anyone have suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 04:21 PM
    I recently bought BIS and can't seem to get my hotmail account to show my mail on my Bold. Anyone have suggestions?

I have never had any trouble. Did you go through the setup program on your bold? What else is it doing?

08-12-09 04:31 PM
    Well I have an icon that says my email, but no messages show up, even though I'm receiving them on my computer

08-12-09 04:39 PM
    try resending your service books at:
    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular
    08-12-09 04:41 PM
    I just got my bold - have set up hotmail. But the email isnt instant - If I am on my laptop and msn messenger says new email it takes about 15 minutes for the BB to receive it. Is this normal?

Thanks
    08-12-09 04:55 PM
    from what i've heard, hotmail doesn't support push so it won't be instant
    08-12-09 07:26 PM
    i use hotmail and mines instant.. i just need to reenter my password and my service books every few months
    08-12-09 08:06 PM
    from what i've heard, hotmail doesn't support push so it won't be instant
    That is correct. Get MSN Hotmail on the Go

I use Gmail and Yahoo mail. I have a Windows Live mail address, but I haven't used it in over 2 years.
    08-12-09 08:11 PM
    I just got my bold - have set up hotmail. But the email isnt instant - If I am on my laptop and msn messenger says new email it takes about 15 minutes for the BB to receive it. Is this normal?

Thanks
    There is an issue with hotmail, windows live messenger and BIS. If you have windows live messenger running on your pc then you wont get the emails on your blackberry right away. For that reason I hardly use windows live messenger on my pc any more. I only use it on my blackberry. Now I just the windows live mail app on my pc to get an alert of my emails.
    08-13-09 12:36 AM
    sounds interesting, ive noticed there is a small delay in receiving emails to my bb from hotmail, but nothing crazy
    08-13-09 12:38 AM
    sounds interesting, ive noticed there is a small delay in receiving emails to my bb from hotmail, but nothing crazy
    Here's the official stuff with more info:

View Document 0 140904128
    08-13-09 02:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD