I'm new around here, just got my bold saturday. I downloaded about 6-7 free apps over the weekend and I have to say i'm enjoying it so far.

I'm attempting to update it to 5.0.238 and i'm following This guide. The process seems to be stuck at 11/11 on the restore device data. I select the show details box and it's been sitting on "Database: Address Book" for a good hour now.

Looking at the phone it has a window for an application requesting permissions and i'm not sure if that's causing the problem.

Can anyone give me a hand with this?
    11-16-09 03:35 PM
    Unplug the phone from your computer and do a battery pull. You'll have to restore the data through DM, you won't be able to restore 3rd party apps. It's a glitch on upgrading to 5.0.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 03:41 PM
    You are trying to upgrade to a beta OS rather than the RIM official OS.
    To recover the OS:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    11-16-09 03:44 PM
    Unplug the phone from your computer and do a battery pull. You'll have to restore the data through DM, you won't be able to restore 3rd party apps. It's a glitch on upgrading to 5.0.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks a ton for the help. I read a lot of posts about upgrading but never saw one about removing apps first. I'm up and running though, your the man!
    11-16-09 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD