After recording video on my BB, during the save process it seemed to lock up for a moment. Everything then returned to normal. However, when I went to view the video I just recorded, I got an "Error Playing" message. Connecting it to my PC, I was able to see that there was a .3GP file at 0K, and an identical file with a .3GP.LOCK extension at 2600K. I deleted the .3GP file and removed the .LOCK extension from the other file and tried to view the video again. I still got the "Error has occured attempting to play media" message. The player does show 58 seconds for the length of the video. I tried moving the file off the BB, renaming it, and moving it back, but with the same result.

I do not understand what happens during the "save" process -- is the BB converting the video to the 3GP format? What is this .LOCK extension? Is there any hope that I can somehow recover this video?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    08-07-09 10:05 PM
    Of you have an app that locks folders or files from being accessed .. it changes the file's extension from 3gp , jpg to .jpg.locked , and when u unlock the folder it changes it back to .jpg , its an app for locking your stuff maybe u've installed it and forgot ??
    08-08-09 05:27 AM
    I do not have any apps like that installed. This has only happened to one file -- all other files save and open as expected.
    08-10-09 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD