Hi guys,

My BOLD 9000 through Rogers is now almost a year old (warranty ends on Nov. 17) and the trackball is intermittently not working up and down and needs more pressure to get it to work again, then it works fine for a bit, then has issues, etc. etc.

Anyways,

I was sent a replacement under the 1 yr warranty, but the trackball is now white and not black. My original BOLD (brand new in November of 2008) came with a black trackball (which looks better) but now seems to light up an ugly yellow color. I can't remember if it's always done that.

Anyways, did they change the trackball to white? Or are they still being made with black ones for my BOLD? Is there a difference or advantage?

Thanks

Justin.
    11-09-09 03:24 PM
    The original trackball color on the bold is white. Your first bold might have been a "returned" device and the owner would have replaced the trackball with a black one.

You can buy a black trackball and replace it yourself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 03:34 PM
    theres also a chance that yours was very dirty. my dad's bold looked like it had a black trackball after a year of use but it was the original white one
    11-09-09 03:38 PM
    I never heard of the Bold coming with stock Black track balls. More than likely your trackball was so dirty it looked black.
    11-09-09 04:16 PM
    The device was in a sealed box when I got it, it was not a return. The ball is perfectly black and I'm anal about washing my hands, I don't know how it could have got that dirty if that is the case? I'm certain it was black from the start
    11-09-09 04:18 PM
    The device was in a sealed box when I got it, it was not a return. The ball is perfectly black and I'm anal about washing my hands, I don't know how it could have got that dirty if that is the case? I'm certain it was black from the start
    I seriously doubt it. After a year of use it will be black no matter how clean your hands are.
    11-09-09 04:22 PM
    the only and first blackberry to come with a black trackball was the tour right?

lol the bold never came with a black trackball
    11-09-09 04:26 PM
    the only and first blackberry to come with a black trackball was the tour right?

lol the bold never came with a black trackball
    The 8900 has it as well.
    11-09-09 04:37 PM
    Same here, the Bolds Ive seen came with white trackballs.
    11-09-09 04:50 PM
    You got a refurb.
    11-09-09 05:43 PM
    The BOLD has ALWAYS had a white trackball since day one...
    11-09-09 06:03 PM
    yup bold always had white trackball. never did it come in black.
    11-09-09 07:28 PM
    LOL, that's kinda gross how it's black now and to think that it once was white! :S
    11-09-09 09:28 PM
    I seriously doubt it. After a year of use it will be black no matter how clean your hands are.
    I contest to you After a year part haha
    My pearl trackball is still as white as ever and i used it for two years.
    11-09-09 09:45 PM
    Maybe you're trackball light was busted? because the bold never came out with black trackballs
    11-10-09 12:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD