08-11-09 05:13 PM
32 12
tools
    I did look at a friends classic BB and the buttons we are talking about are one and the same. Pressing it did not lock my cursor into the center/bottom of the screen. It still moves along the map until it goes off the edge and then there is a dimmed arrow pointing to the direction I need to scroll to recover my position. There must be a way to do this, I think, or it wouldn't be very useful for car navigation.
    05-26-09 09:31 AM
    ...first time in a decade I've heard "cornhole" used in a sentence!

I would just like to add that if you open the "Get AT&T Navigator" in order to delete it they will initiate the trial, and 30 days from now they will start billing you. I've done it 3 seperate times where I've clicked on the icon in attempts to delete it, declined the service agreement, and they started the service anyway. At&T are a bunch of weasily little roaches that will do anything to cornhole you into another monthly fee. The first time this happened I actually had to cancel my contract and pay the cancellation fee before thay agreed to stop the service and give me my money back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 10:34 AM
    05-26-09 10:37 AM
    Ok, when I had GMaps installed on my Pearl hitting 0 would center your location on the screen. It zones in on you and then it lets the gps take control of moving the map for you as you drive. I'm currently using a storm now and there is a little blue dot that looks exactly like the one in the map, by pressing on it it zeroes in on your location and controls the map as well.

There are several shortcuts in Gmaps that are designed to make your life easier. Pressing 0 finds your location, pressing 1 and 3 toggles zooming in and out.

Those are the only ones I can think of at this time. I'm up a little earlier than I'd like to be.

Also if you type maps[dot]google[dot]com in your BB Browser it will direct you to the download page of the latest version.

Another thing, when you need directions to a specific location you can just use the Search feature in Gmaps. Press Menu-->Search Map-->Enter new search-->(in here you can type full addresses, short addresses, restaurants, drug stores) and once it finds your address you can tell it to get directions and you can show them on the map.

Hope this helps.
    06-06-09 08:19 AM
    I use G.Maps on my bold and i like the features available on google maps. ive also used bb maps on my previous phone, but google takes this one i just wish it would tell me the number of satellites that was tracking my device. but no biggie.
    06-07-09 02:41 AM
    I've deleted bb maps and now I can't find a way to re-install it.

When I try to install it, it says my device does not meet the system requirements.
    08-11-09 05:05 PM
    I've deleted bb maps and now I can't find a way to re-install it.

When I try to install it, it says my device does not meet the system requirements.
    It sounds like you are looking at the OTA download. It's only for older OS versions that are no longer supported. You'll have to reinstall your BBMaps using the App Loader. It's an OS module in current OS versions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 05:13 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD