i have a gmail account, and i have two domain accounts forwarded to that address. i have gmail configured so i can send mail as either of those domain accounts. i set the gmail account up on my bold and it doesn't give me the option to send from either of those domain accounts. as well, even if i receive an email that is directed to a domain account, i can only reply back using the gmail account. does anyone know how if i can set it up to have my domain accounts appear in the "from" field on my device? thanks.
    08-05-09 05:31 PM
    I have never tried it with multiple 'gmail' accounts (I have a hotmail, a gmail, and my berry acct). Have you tried clicking on the "Send Using:" field above "To"? That's where I can select which acct I send from. You can also change the default 'sent from' acct, but it sounds like you want to be able to switch on the fly.... Sorry if this doesn't apply.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 06:45 PM
    I'm in a similar situation with two other email domain accounts set to forward to gmail and delete messages from server on forwarding. The solution that works for me is to set up email accounts on the blackberry for these two other accounts. Nothing lands in these email folders as the messages are automatically deleted at the server end as soon as they're forwarded to gmail, so all my incoming email arrives in the one main BB inbox. However, the existence of these two extra accounts on my BB allows me to make choices under the "Send Using" field. This also allows hitting reply and having it go from whichever of my addresses the sender has used.

I've adjusted the default "sent from " acct. to the domain I use most.

Hope that works for you too.

PS If you try using the gmail app for BB you'll find that it doesn't allow use of any alternative addresses you've set up in your gmail account. Google should remedy this in the future.
    08-06-09 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD