I just got my BB Bold on Wednesday, I set up my email on my phone to come from my yahoo address, I thought that somewhere I had it set up to only send emails during certain times of the day, last night my bb was going off like crazy because of the emails coming in. I had to turn off the email notification and put it on silent is there any way to change the time that I will allow it to.
    08-06-09 08:02 AM
    Nah u don't have that option, everytime an email is sent to you it comes to your BB...try deleting the email account from ur BB and adding it again, dat should fix it
    08-06-09 08:15 AM
    Depending upon your need, you can use the clock on/off to set the phone to turn off during the nite or anytime.
    08-06-09 09:47 AM
    I change my phone to phone only when I don't want to be notified of emails. I get my calls and sms notified by vibrate and tone still but the email doesn't vibrate or play a tone.

This is probably your best option as Blackberry's are intended for always on email. In a corporate environment where BB originally came from this was probably fine but now that they are heavily in the comsumer market the software does basically the same thing and that's to push emails from our personal accounts to our devices. Personal emails (and the dreaded spam) are 24 hour so the best option is to set yourself up a profile that notifies you what you want and not what you don't want. Then the emails will be there when you are ready to read them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 12:52 PM
    all you have to do is customize your profiles.

open profiles, scroll down to advanced, click on a profile, and customize .

Also read up on Bedside mode.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/wha...de-mode-76706/

Or like Mark-d just said, just use phone only profile.
    08-06-09 12:59 PM
    I just customized my profiles, thanks everyone.
    08-08-09 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD