I made the mistake of saying OK to a question asking if I wanted to set eFile as my default document viewer, and now none of my icons for Documents To Go are showing in the Applications folder anymore. I've since uninstalled eFile but they did not return to view.

As far as I can tell the applications must still be installed, but the icons are not there. I've also tried making sure they are not just hidden, and based on the instructions in the dataviz help suggesting this can happen after an upgrade, also attempted to remove and reinstall the battery.

No luck. No show.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Kel
    08-09-09 07:39 PM
    Did you happen to backup in DM? If not then just re download Doc. to go.
    08-09-09 07:46 PM
    No backup, but Documents To Go came with my BB so I'm not sure how I would "re" download. Or are you saying I can grab it from their site and install it and this will be recognized without a license key being bought?
    08-09-09 08:52 PM
    Check your application listing to see if its still loaded.

(Options / Advanced Options / Applications)

If its still there, try switching themes and back again to see if the icons are just hidden.

(fingers crossed)
    Glenn
    08-09-09 10:19 PM
    Hi Glenn,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Documents To Go is listed in Options / Advanced Options / Applications.

Changing themes did not make them appear in the Applications folder.
    08-09-09 10:32 PM
    ok the program is there. So you shouldnt need to download it again. I'm not sure what else to do though to get the icons back.

08-10-09 10:54 PM
    The free version of doc to go comes with your BB. You may need to reinstall your OS if all else fails but check all your folders too.
    08-10-09 11:06 PM
    I assume that would mean I lose all my current configurations for email accounts, blue tooth, network, etc?
    08-11-09 10:30 PM
    I assume that would mean I lose all my current configurations for email accounts, blue tooth, network, etc?
    Not if you do a backup in DM then after you install the OS use the last backup you made in DM.
    08-11-09 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD