So I'm reading around and seeing that there are different versions of the bold.

Can someone explain the differences? And can someone also tell one how to find out your own bold version? Because I'd like to know... Wouldn't you too?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 02:54 PM
    yeah i just about to ask the same question... and, any specific recommended version which known good in overall? thanx
    04-05-09 03:30 PM
    I honestly don't know, people here are saying that their bolds are lighter or or thinner. I wouldn't think so. That would suck. But I don't have any recomendations though

04-05-09 03:32 PM
    I think the version thing is more to do with where a paticular Bold was made.

To my knowledge, Bolds are made in Canada, mexico and Hungary.

SOme people belive that Bolds built in country X has better biuld quality or feel.

In summation, there is only one Bold 9000 model on sale.

Hope this helps.
    04-05-09 06:06 PM
    Well, which bolds are better quality, if any dfference.. The ones made in mexico, china, or hungary?

04-05-09 07:04 PM
    Hmm... Sounds fishy to me. There's only one bold model (9000) and there's only one set of specs for it

04-05-09 07:15 PM
    maybe he is referring to the different OS versions. that would make more sense.
    04-05-09 07:49 PM
    I'm not referring to different OS versions, I've just heard that some have quality issues or that some weigh more. now, mine is like perfect. Made in mex

04-05-09 09:11 PM
    We have 2 versions here, with with different keyboard configuration. QWERTY and QWERTZ, the Y and Z switched place.
    Another version, not sure if it is the older version with lower memory capacity.
    Other than that, all the Bold here is the same in Indonesia that is.
    04-06-09 01:28 AM
    There are definitely different versions out there although they're hardly distinguishable. I got my Bold swapped (right hand side in the picture) for the new one (left) due to continuous white screen problems and graphic glitches.

Make a long story short, not getting white or pixelated screens anymore and the vibration is less rough.. i don't know how to describe it, it's not as hard and the intervals are shorter. Feels subdued or absorbed but better.. like high-grade

Oh one more thing, the mainboard's got a different color and there's a sticker in the battery compartment.

Edit: Both were made in Hungary, had got the old one almost a year ago now
    08-09-09 06:54 AM
    i have the same two phones pictured above. my first one was canadian and my second was mexican. so clearly the board color had nothing to do with location it was made and had more to do with time it was made.
    08-09-09 11:44 AM
    So the bottom line is there are two different models out there and RIM overhauled the BOLD series somewhere over the last months. Anybody have more information on that particular issue?
    08-09-09 05:20 PM
    I have the Hungarian version and I purchased mine in South Florida on Nov. 4th...the first day that it was available...no issues at all

08-09-09 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD