I have 3 email accounts configured on my Bold, 2 of these are standard POP3 accounts and the remaining one is the @blackberry.com address provided by my carrier as part of my Blackberry plan.

On my device, I can receive emails almost instantaneously on my @blackberry.com account. However, on the other two accounts, I receive emails 15-45 mins after they've been sent.

What could be the issue ?
    08-11-09 04:47 PM
    It could be that your carrier's BIS is slow due to high volume.
    08-11-09 04:54 PM
    Have you tried to resend your service books? If that doesn't work, try deleting and then recreating the email accounts if possible. A battery pull before and after never hurts either.
    08-11-09 05:25 PM
    If you search the forum you'll find loads of threads on this.

The @blackberry email address will be near instant as that's the way it works. The 2 POP3 accounts could take anything upto 15 minutes as that's the way BIS polls POP3 servers.

If your email hosts supports IMAP Idle try configuring your mailboxes to that setting. If you re-configure them on BIS this should make them faster as IMAP idle can have a permanent connection the BIS rather than the regular polling that happens with POP3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 05:15 AM