I don't know if anyone else has come accross the problem but sometimes I get emailed press releases which I have to update on a website.

When I used my curve I could copy the email and paste it striaght into the input box on the website database page and the press release would come out fine.

When I try and do this on my Bold every time all paragraphing is lost and the email comes out as one long continuous paragraph when it's pasted meaning I have to trawl through putting in line breaks where there should be.

As you can imagine if it's a long press release this can be quite tedious, scrolling through a very long line of text looking for where to put the paragraphs back.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it?

Thanks
    07-31-09 06:10 AM
    I don't have this problem, my 9000 copies and pastes as it should. What version software are you using on your device?
    07-31-09 06:12 AM
    I just sent myself a test email and I didn't have the issue you describe.
    07-31-09 07:56 AM
    As you can imagine if it's a long press release this can be quite tedious, scrolling through a very long line of text looking for where to put the paragraphs back.
    if the email is sent to you in html format then the paragraph formatting may disappear in the copy and paster.

if the email is sent to you in text format, like when you write on the BB, then you should retain paragraph formatting

Perhaps your press release server has a "send as text" option
    07-31-09 10:01 AM
    I'm using 4.6.0.221

Mandony has given me the hint I needed to copy and paste successfully. It's an html email but if I select get plain text I can copy and paste with paragraphs still in tact.

I never thought of the html issue, thanks guys for all your help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD