Hey everyone, I just picked up a bold that was previously used, the previous owner's account is obviously still tied to the phone. I was able to get logged in, and remove his email accounts, but I feel funny logging into someone else's account. Can I link the phone to a new account?
    07-31-09 02:49 PM
    I believe you have to have the previous owner get the PIN released from his/her carrier in order to create a new account with it.
    07-31-09 02:57 PM
    Your probably going to have to call AT&T and have them reset the password. here is link :

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

This is the website they pointed me to to fix mine good luck.
    07-31-09 02:58 PM
    If you contact your provider they have the ability to completely delete the old BIS account which will then allow you to use the create new account button on the BIS site, or move your old BIS (if you have one) over to the new phone.
    07-31-09 02:59 PM
    Yeah I was at the AT&T store for the better part of an hour trying to get this thing working. First I had no data, now it's finally working, and email is in fact working properly, I just have to sign into the guy's account in order to change anything.

I was about the wipe the device again until I noticed it was working. Should I bother hassling with it?
    07-31-09 03:12 PM
    You can wipe handheld it will just wipe out all the previous owners junk i would, then u can start fresh.
    07-31-09 03:28 PM
    i would just get into the old account, delete his e-mail addresses linked to the phone and put yours in. make him create a new acount
    07-31-09 03:33 PM
    He's on an iPhone now so his BIS stuff doesn't matter. That's what I've done so far. I deleted his email address from BIS and added my own.
    07-31-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD