Hey guys as you some of you might know my agony, I will brief you in on my problem.
    Anyways I had ordered an unlock code from freeyourcellphone.com on September 6th for an International Blackberry (BOLD UK). According to them, it would have taken anywhere from 5-12 BUSINESS days from the date of the order.
    So its been more than 2 weeks since all of this has happened and yet im left with no code. Lately I have been emailing them but they have not replied to any of them. So here i am lost in between not knowing what to do (since i paid US$50) without a code and no communication from this website.

What i would like to know from my fellow stackers, who all have asked for an International Code from freeyourcellphone.com and ACTUALLY received it???

I would appreciate any sort of information from you guys.....

Thanks.

09-23-08 09:23 AM
    OK I am in a similar position except I used a different company and they have answered my emails

I ordered my unlock code 2 weeks ago yesterday they said on their site 5 to 10 BUSINESS days so 2 normal weeks. I have emailed them and had 1 or 2 word emails back

i.e. - have you my unlock code
    them - not yet

They are quick to reply but only with things like the above. HOWEVER from what I can gather the UK unlock codes are the hardest to come by and have been taking around 3 weeks.

I would give it anorther week or so and then try and maybe call them, this is what I will be trying to do with mine should it not arrive. Not really a whole lot else you can do.

Hope this helps

P.S. the company I used is Unlock Blackberry Bold | UnlockBlackberryBold.com and I paid $60 !!
    09-23-08 09:47 AM
    thanks for your advice.

it feels little better that your not alone. lol

yeah i guess i will wait for another week or so. otherwise i will be left with a BOLD that can't be used...
    09-23-08 09:57 AM
    No worries always better when your not the only one!!

Post back how you go with them!
    09-23-08 10:07 AM
    sure thing...
    09-23-08 10:21 AM
    Oops see the next post
    09-23-08 11:02 AM
    Don't know about the above companies but I paid wirelessunlocks.com for a code for my 8820.

I found out too late that this company is a scam. After some time they send you an email saying they can't unlock your phone and will refund you. But the refund never arrives and they don't answer your emails.

I have now found other warnings about them - but it was too late for me!
    09-23-08 11:04 AM
    Don't know about the above companies but I paid wirelessunlocks.com for a code for my 8820.

I found out too late that this company is a scam. After some time they send you an email saying they can't unlock your phone and will refund you. But the refund never arrives and they don't answer your emails.

I have now found other warnings about them - but it was too late for me!
    that must've been a really bad experience.

what was your final solution? where you able to get a code from anywhere??
    09-23-08 11:31 AM
    Another quick word of warning for anyone who might have been thinking of trying the above company... don't!

They have now changed their URL to wirelessunlocks.NET but they still appear to have plenty of unhappy customers.

Although they might appear to be cheap, if they don't offer the advertised service, and don't even refund money, that is not good!
    09-23-08 11:55 AM
    I ordered from freeyourcellphone a few weeks ago. Received the code the following morning? Not something that's happening to everyone, anyway..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 02:42 PM
    Well posting to this thread prompted me to complain to PayPal. Within a few hours I had my refund from wirelessunlocks.com.

So maybe I was lucky because I used PayPal - or maybe I have been unfair to wirelessunlocks.com however they should make refunds without PayPal's intervention.
    09-23-08 04:31 PM
    well i got my bold a couple of days back from rogers, i order my unlock from freeyourcellphone, by mistake, i rent an extra number for my IMEI, they sent back a couple of hours later saying that it was incorrect, and to resend them.

I did, twice actually and no response, i sent them the third email and they replied saying that they never received my last two emails. and they sent the unlock code immediately which was great for me and i was happy with them.

You were most probably sending them emails on sales@freeyourcellphone.com, i will PM you now to send you the other email they were contacting me with.

I hope it helps and they solve your problem.

All of the reviews on the net were excellent and i think they will keep the image the same.

Thanks
    09-23-08 06:17 PM
    PM with email is sent. If anyone else needs it, please tell me. I think they will prefer to have their emails that are not advertised more discreet.
    09-23-08 06:21 PM
    Allright people, the code just came in. And the BOLD is unlocked and I'm LIVE....

So from my experience I guess you really have to wait it out if its an international bb.
    But they have delivered the goods and promises have been fulfilled. So I would say they are one of the few online companies that actual do what they say.

Ramzi188: thanks for the email add. I had that one and 3 others... lol
    09-23-08 10:16 PM
    I would like to thank all you for the help and support that was provided....

Cheers!!!
    09-23-08 10:19 PM
    Just got my code through worked perfectly first time

09-24-08 01:16 PM
    Incase you are looking for alternative site, I used wwwdotfreeyourcellphonedotcom twice. Easy and good service.
    09-24-08 02:12 PM
    Incase you are looking for alternative site, I used wwwdotfreeyourcellphonedotcom twice. Easy and good service.
    isn't that who everyone is talking about? I agree though, no problems for me...
    09-24-08 03:48 PM
    isn't that who everyone is talking about? I agree though, no problems for me...
    There appear to be two very similarly named sites, the first which was the original sublect of this thread: Welcome To FreeCellPhone.com and the one which you have just mentioned, namely: www.freeyourcellphone.com which is completely different.

As I have not personally used either I can't really comment further, although quite a few members seem to be happy with the service they have received.
    09-24-08 04:17 PM
    Just got my code through worked perfectly first time

Finally eh!!! Congrats...
    09-24-08 11:28 PM
    PM with email is sent. If anyone else needs it, please tell me. I think they will prefer to have their emails that are not advertised more discreet.
    Hi,

Can you pm me their email id please.

Cheers
    09-26-08 08:41 AM
    There appear to be two very similarly named sites, the first which was the original sublect of this thread: Welcome To FreeCellPhone.com and the one which you have just mentioned, namely: www.freeyourcellphone.com which is completely different.

As I have not personally used either I can't really comment further, although quite a few members seem to be happy with the service they have received.
    hm, that's a very good point - thanks for mentioning that. Completely missed the extra word!
    09-26-08 05:14 PM
    Guys, Congrats on your BOLDs. It's happened to a few of us. As stated, PayPal will help if you purchase thru them. Good Luck.

09-26-08 05:30 PM
    Guys, Congrats on your BOLDs. It's happened to a few of us. As stated, PayPal will help if you purchase thru them. Good Luck.

Agreed BL, whenever possible pay with Paypal.
    09-26-08 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD