08-11-09 05:29 PM
26 12
tools

I am very Sad I broke my Bold tonight
    I slapped it face down on a desk from about 6" and the screen is trashed
    it looks like it got shot with a pellet right above the end key and there are cracks all through the screen and it is all messed up like a old tv that lost signal.
    It seems like what ever fractured the screen hit it from behind the lens, the cover is not even scratched or dinged there.
    The Wife tells me the replacement will be here tomorrow or Saturday
    I keep it backed up and will pull the Micro card and sim card when I get home
    and try to down load and remove everything on it before I send the old one back.
    I will get a neoprene case for the new one.
    Last edited by rick458; 08-07-09 at 02:58 AM.
    08-07-09 02:34 AM
    Why did you treat your bb so rudely?

What did it do to you?

:-/
    08-07-09 02:37 AM
    It was a very bad conversation. I was surprised that hurt it, I have dropped it quite a few times without incident.
    I had my arm resting on the desk thumbed off the end key and palmed it flat down on the desk with nothing under it. picked it up a minute later and saw the screen wiped out. I guess one of the amps or transformers hit the back side of the screen, it is worst right at the dividing line for the end and back keys.
    08-07-09 02:44 AM
    Bad day.

Best of luck with your new one.
    08-07-09 02:52 AM
    From what Ive heard they send a Refirb, but that those are tested even more stringently than the new ones. I hope she does well.
    It is still getting emails and will recieve calls you just cannot make out anything on the screen, due to it being fubarred.
    08-07-09 03:01 AM
    Good luck. Atleast you get a replacement unit.

Be more careful next time!
    08-07-09 03:21 AM
    when I pull my sim card out do I have to lift up the clear plastic flap, or press it down ?
    08-07-09 03:22 AM
    Crackberry abuse only not the good kind. Good luck with your replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 07:23 AM
    Lift the flap up

08-07-09 07:34 AM
    Oh the humanity. The LCD could be replaced, but that thing is encased in metal on the backside...this wasnt a simple ooops was it? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH the humanity of it all....

Just think of the poor soul who is going to get your refurb AngerBerry. I know its called the Bold, but you took it too far...

(ok enough)
    08-07-09 09:09 AM
    Oh no! You can't take out your anger on your Bold! I treat mine like its a baby
    08-07-09 10:44 AM
    This is the same exact thing I worry about with me. I used to slam my iPhone 2G around in anger when it never worked, the thing physically was a tank. But with my Bold I feel like i have to treat it like an infant although everyone says now the Bold is much more durable then the 3GS.
    08-07-09 11:59 AM
    This is the same exact thing I worry about with me. I used to slam my iPhone 2G around in anger when it never worked, the thing physically was a tank. But with my Bold I feel like i have to treat it like an infant although everyone says now the Bold is much more durable then the 3GS.
    yea it is lol, i had my bold floating in my cupholder with juice -___-, i almost starting crying when i saw it, i grabbed it and dried it off, and everything worked find, but if i tapped it, it would turn off, i found out it was the battery, after i bought a new device becus i had no insurance on it -____-
    08-07-09 12:17 PM
    Boys after delivering that news any other cell phone would have come home in a baggie, I was being "restrained" and was a little shocked that that action Fubarred the LCD. just be very careful placing these phones face down with any speed. (something i avoided do to the possibility of scratching the lens cover) up to that point.
    08-07-09 01:26 PM
    Ins is sending me a New Bold what will a new LCD cost and How hard is it to replace? s I can have a back up.
    08-07-09 01:29 PM
    A new lcd with lens will cost around $50. There are 3 kinds. You will have to take apart the phone and read the model number on the back of the LCD itself.

Once you have the parts, its literally a 10 minute fix.

I bought mine on Amazon.

Amazon.com: --003/004 AT&T Blackberry Bold 9000 OEM LCD Display Screen: Electronics

The owner of this shop is incredibly nice and extraordinarily responsive. If you have any problems he takes care of you. In fact, when I bought my LCD from him, I had a question and he answered me while on vacation.
    08-09-09 12:30 AM
    YOU ARE AN EVIL EVIL EVIL PERSON!!!!! (sorry just had to put that out there lol)

they're not making you send ur bold in?
    08-09-09 08:45 AM
    Ohhh man hope your replacement comes soon
    Spilt coffee over my bold this morning...just about had a heart attack I treat mine like a precious thing I'm always careful and then...not being awake..spill coffee over it.
    Luckily had a clear plastic cover it and it coped it all...no damage to the bold

08-09-09 10:09 AM
    where did they put the tutorial for dissasembling/ reassembling a Bold?
    08-10-09 01:10 PM
    Search it on youtube . They've got it there

08-10-09 01:13 PM
    08-10-09 01:54 PM
    where can I get a case dissasembley tool locally Wally world, Best Buy, AT&T store?
    08-10-09 03:02 PM
    All you need is a T5 screwdriver. I didnt use one of those guitar pick looking things, but unless you want to overpay for the tools, you can always use a guitar pick. (i used my fingers...gently)

BUT if you must...I found this on Ebay

OPENER TOOL KIT SET T5 T-5 RIM BLACKBERRY ATT BOLD 9000 - eBay (item 270425311012 end time Aug-11-09 09:37:23 PDT)

Wally World...ha..."roll em up"
    08-10-09 03:22 PM
    Well I got my new Bold and started setting it up at 5:30 pm
    I am about halfway through Caching my 10 slacker stations
    08-10-09 11:16 PM
    i keep mine in the otter box spils, chills and slams i got time to grab it and clean it off before anything serious happens. good going on your new device.
    08-11-09 12:04 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD