So I'm traveling for the first time with my Bold and it won't update the time zone. Is this common or do I need to do something? My old Windows phones used to do it automatically. And my companion's updated. I didn't search so don't yell at me cause I'm in the car with a weak signal thanks to fabulous att so I got impatient and posted. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 01:50 PM
    Common. You need to change it manually.
    07-31-09 05:00 PM
    Options > Date/Time. Have to do it manually.

07-31-09 05:37 PM
    easier way:

go to the clock, then go to options. You'll see Home Time Zone - don't touch that.

Click Set Time, and choose the time zone you're in now. (this is the same screen as Options -> Date/Time)

the clock (and the time displayed everywhere else on the phone) will show the local time, and when you actually go into the clock, you'll see 2 times - the big one is local time, and your home time zone will be displayed top-left.
    07-31-09 09:33 PM
    easier way:

go to the clock, then go to options. You'll see Home Time Zone - don't touch that.

Click Set Time, and choose the time zone you're in now. (this is the same screen as Options -> Date/Time)

the clock (and the time displayed everywhere else on the phone) will show the local time, and when you actually go into the clock, you'll see 2 times - the big one is local time, and your home time zone will be displayed top-left.
    Doing it this way "screws up" the calendar entries, as they would have to be entered in the proper time zone. The entries all get changed + or- the time zone change.
    If you just go to options>date/time>and manually change time then the calendar is not affected and all is good!
    07-31-09 09:47 PM
    Thank you so much!

08-01-09 01:23 AM
    Device Software 5.0 will bring the automatic change of time zones. Its currently in 5.0.0.130
    08-01-09 06:02 AM
    Oh thank the Lord! It's a small issue, but one that has always bothered me about my Blackberries.
    08-01-09 11:51 AM
    Device Software 5.0 will bring the automatic change of time zones. Its currently in 5.0.0.130
    I will be very interested to see that. Maybe eventually I can close my Time Zone issues thread.
    08-01-09 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD