08-11-09 12:03 PM
143 ... 23456
tools
    Good stuff.

Didn't get my refurb yet.
    04-24-09 10:46 AM
    Well I just got my refurb today and it's made in Hungary. And the build quality on this bad boy is great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 05:16 PM
    Im also waiting on a new Bold from my network...should get it tommorrow. Tmobile here in the UK have been on my case about upgrading so thought i might get another Bold to play around with. Also managed to get my monthly tariff down to 55 rather than the 60 i was paying before...i also now have international texts/calls that are included in my tariff.

Should get it tomorrow so will use it as a test device...ill probably reload the OS with the newest beta one at the moment. Ill probably get it unlocked as well as ill use it with a pay as you go simcard.

Hopefully it will be just as good if not better than the current Bold i have now. Only thing i dont like is that it will have the network branded software on it along with the awful tmobile writing on the bottom lip of the phone.
    04-24-09 05:55 PM
    Forever29, glad you're happy with your refurb. I'm still waiting for mine. I think UPS lost it.

Spawn, so you're going to have 2 Bold's as well eh? Awhile back I thought about getting another Bold, but I'm going back to the Nokia E71. Ooops, did I say that out loud?
    04-24-09 06:30 PM
    Forever29, glad you're happy with your refurb. I'm still waiting for mine. I think UPS lost it.

Spawn, so you're going to have 2 Bold's as well eh? Awhile back I thought about getting another Bold, but I'm going back to the Nokia E71. Ooops, did I say that out loud?
    Funny I made the claim on Wednesday and I got it today. That's weird.
    04-24-09 07:26 PM
    Funny I made the claim on Wednesday and I got it today. That's weird.

That's pretty good. I called Rogers on Tuesday and mine never arrived this week.
    04-24-09 08:22 PM
    That's pretty good. I called Rogers on Tuesday and mine never arrived this week.
    Canada

04-24-09 08:47 PM
    Canada

Bugger
    04-24-09 08:48 PM

Got my Bold today from my network...the trackball is so white. At the moment setting it up and like AT&T it seems like they have also taken away the option of keeping it on 3G only...not very impressed with that but i have 7 days in which to decide to keep it...so ill probably unlock it and then de-brand it and use it as a test device for beta OS's etc. Im surprised its running the .216 OS though...looks like thats the latest official OS for Tmobile UK.

Ahh Nokia E71 eh??..my brother uses one of those...nice device but i cant stand Symbian to be honest...ive had them ever since the first incarnation of Symbian was launched and i wasnt that impressed with it. Mind you they are better than Winmo tho...i take it you have given up on the Bold??..
    04-25-09 06:34 AM
    Got my Bold today from my network...the trackball is so white. At the moment setting it up and like AT&T it seems like they have also taken away the option of keeping it on 3G only...not very impressed with that but i have 7 days in which to decide to keep it...so ill probably unlock it and then de-brand it and use it as a test device for beta OS's etc. Im surprised its running the .216 OS though...looks like thats the latest official OS for Tmobile UK.

Ahh Nokia E71 eh??..my brother uses one of those...nice device but i cant stand Symbian to be honest...ive had them ever since the first incarnation of Symbian was launched and i wasnt that impressed with it. Mind you they are better than Winmo tho...i take it you have given up on the Bold??..

Isn't the trackball suppose to be white? I'm so happy Rogers didn't cripple that option to switch Networks. I don't know why other carriers would do that. There's nothing to gain by doing that.

I love the Nokia E71. I hated Symbian for the longest time. I found it too complicated to use. Everytime I buy a Nokia I would get frustrated and sell it. But I finally got the hang of it a few years ago and now I'm hooked. It's one of those OS where you'll either love it or hate it. I love it because you can do so much with it and I haven't given up on trying to hack my N95-3.
    Ugh, WinMo blows! LOL I haven't given up on the Bold, but once I get the
    E71 that will be my main phone. I'll still have the Bold on my second line. After using the E71 for over 6 month and the Bold for over 5 months, the E71
    is best suited for me for my needs.
    04-25-09 11:34 AM
    Sorry the phone hasn't worked well for you gal. But after all you've been reporting, I think going back to the Nokia is the right decision.

It would have been nice if these things would have worked well for you. it's worked pretty good for me so I guess I can't complain. And now since I have 2 I have a deal in the works with a friend of mine for a trade. A Bold for an 8900 Curve. It's a win-win for me. I get to still have a Bold and have am 8900

04-25-09 11:44 AM
    Isn't the trackball suppose to be white? I'm so happy Rogers didn't cripple that option to switch Networks. I don't know why other carriers would do that. There's nothing to gain by doing that.

I love the Nokia E71. I hated Symbian for the longest time. I found it too complicated to use. Everytime I buy a Nokia I would get frustrated and sell it. But I finally got the hang of it a few years ago and now I'm hooked. It's one of those OS where you'll either love it or hate it. I love it because you can do so much with it and I haven't given up on trying to hack my N95-3.
    Ugh, WinMo blows! LOL I haven't given up on the Bold, but once I get the
    E71 that will be my main phone. I'll still have the Bold on my second line. After using the E71 for over 6 month and the Bold for over 5 months, the E71
    is best suited for me for my needs.

LOL yes i know the trackball is supposed to be white but since ive had mine its never been extremely white like the one i received this morning from my network. I dont know why they disabled that 3G only option....but its not that big a deal i suppose. I get good enough 3G reception as it is along with 2G reception...im getting it unlocked next week so maybe that will enable that option but im not holding out much hope for that.

Well hope you have fun with the E71, like i said my brother has one and other than looking nice ie all metal i didnt like using it at all...the UI is just doesnt appeal to me maybe because im too used to the BB way of things now...there was a time when i loved Symbian but that was yrs ago...if the nokia n97 is as good as reviews are saying then i might pick one of those up and sell my network Bold. But if the E71 meets your needs then i dont blame you for going back to it...it definitely is a nice looking device.

Sad to hear that the Bold didnt work out for you either...guess you just got extremely unlucky.
    04-25-09 11:51 AM
    And most of the time they're given new housings and lcd's.
    Thats the best part! its basically like getting a brand new one, like said before they've been checked over and they are always good to go. I love it. When I had my pearl I had to get a refurb and I honestly thought it was a brand new one when I first got it. I say send in the old one, keep the refurb, if that doesnt work for ya then just send in the refurb for another refurb! woot!
    04-25-09 12:01 PM
    I didn't want to create another thread so I thought I post in my existing thread.

Either I'm going crazy or something is off with my Bold. I was checking the time sent in my email and it's off by 3 hours. For example, when I'm in the main menu where it shows all my emails, it shows I sent an email at 6:43pm. But in the email itself it shows that I sent the email at 3:43pm. This is my blackberry email addy. I did some email tests on my hotmail addy and the times are really off. I just sent an email at 10:25pm EST and it shows I sent it at 2:14...it doesn't say if it's am or pm. The times are right in my Rogers email. Does anyone know why it's doing this?
    04-27-09 09:32 PM
    Update?

04-30-09 03:09 PM
    Had to send my other tmobile Bold back today...well i rung them up because it was rebooting randomly and i had the UPS guy come drop the new one off and take the old one.

So far so good...the Bold is stable and unlike my unlocked Bold...the battery cover on this baby is tight...made in hungary and the screen is alot more whiter than the previous tmobile bold i had.
    04-30-09 04:16 PM
    Glad to hear it's working out for you Spawn. Unlike me, UPS made a mistake with my address and it was sent back to Rogers today! So I have to call Rogers tomorrow to see if they processed the return and have them send me another refurb. I was on the phone with Rogers and UPS trying to sort it out. It wasn't Rogers' fault this time, but I was not impressed with how UPS tried to cover their ***. I really think I'm jinxed.
    04-30-09 08:46 PM
    Ugh! Sorry to hear that! I truly hope you get a shiny new Bold in perfect working order soon!
    04-30-09 09:00 PM
    Ugh! Sorry to hear that! I truly hope you get a shiny new Bold in perfect working order soon!

I hope so too. Thank for the support.
    04-30-09 09:48 PM
    Hope for the best Wirelessgal!! Ivd been reading all this and damn its not fun when you have those error, I'm still running on 162 yet I'm sure its a internal problem some programs! When I got my bold for the first time, I had the unexpected error! Battery pulled and was find ever since. Every bold are unique and has there own reason to be problematic! I learned to care mind and love it loll I'm single so why not lolll!! But hope it get better and keep us in touch with the Bold!

04-30-09 09:59 PM
    Hope for the best Wirelessgal!! Ivd been reading all this and damn its not fun when you have those error, I'm still running on 162 yet I'm sure its a internal problem some programs! When I got my bold for the first time, I had the unexpected error! Battery pulled and was find ever since. Every bold are unique and has there own reason to be problematic! I learned to care mind and love it loll I'm single so why not lolll!! But hope it get better and keep us in touch with the Bold!

its not any program causing those errors its the prehistoric OS some people choose to use(.162)
    i mean seriously why do you think RIM keeps releasing OS with higher version numbers? for fun? its because they fix bugs in the OS and improve overall functionality of the OS
    04-30-09 10:20 PM

Thank GKang! I've been running .162 since I got the phone in November and haven't had an issue until over a month ago. The "uncaught exception...errors" occured when I downloaded BBAlerts again after I did a handheld wipe and reinstalled the OS. I deleted BBAlerts and all 3rd party apps and the error hasn't come back. I decided to download BBAlerts again and no error. So it was probably one of the other apps I had in my phone, but I don't know what it was. I have other issues with my Bold so I hope the replacement is better. I'll keep everyone posted.
    04-30-09 11:08 PM
    Once again Gal, I can't stress this enough sweetheart. If you're getting another phone you have nothing to lose by upgrading the phone you have with you to at least .247....

05-01-09 01:11 AM
    I have to agree with forever29 and giantfan30 here, wirelessgal. You've said yourself you've nothing to lose at this point. UPGRADE YOUR PHONE ALREADY! The OS was updated for a reason... it was faulty and needed to be improved.

I understand your want to be cautious, but one phone or the other is going back anyway, and even if it's the one you have, upgrading the OS does not affect warranty. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO LOSE, performing a simple process that could very well solve every problem you've described. I mean, you thought you had it isolated to a single program and now it turns out that program wasn't even the culprit. Perhaps the problem is the OS that was giving so many other people problems as well. At least rule that possibility out... otherwise you can't blame the phone.

I'm not trying to be pushy here, and ultimately this is your decision and I hope it works out for you no mater what you decide... but I REALLY don't understand why the dozens upon dozens of people posting about how much better their phones are after upgrading to a fresh OS, vs. the ZERO cases where a poster has said they regret ever trying to upgrade. Sure, there have been cases where the user decided a beta wasn't working well for them and downgraded, but I've never seen someone say they followed the actual recommended upgrade procedure with a real, official release of the OS and it permanently ruined something. And if it did, you wouldn't have lost anything.

You've already performed the procedure! They told you to, and you did it! It didn't hurt anything at all, did it? The problem was that you installed the same version... which gave you problems. The two things I would do differently this time are fully backup and wipe before reinstall, and this time, USE A NEWER VERSION OF THE OS!!!

If it makes you feel any better, sometime I downgrade to .247 just to download a piece of software I can't grab on OS 5.0 and then switch back up once I've gotten it. I have performed the procedure at least 50 or 60 times across 3 BlackBerries and all three still work just fine. I don't see why you want to tell yourself that an OS that is known to cause problems is absolutely not the problem with your phone. Worst case scenario that I can come up with is that you'll upgrade, and have a faster phone with better memory handling that still has the problems yours is having. All you would have lost is about 60 minutes.
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 05-01-09 at 01:31 AM.
    05-01-09 01:22 AM
    Glad to hear it's working out for you Spawn. Unlike me, UPS made a mistake with my address and it was sent back to Rogers today! So I have to call Rogers tomorrow to see if they processed the return and have them send me another refurb. I was on the phone with Rogers and UPS trying to sort it out. It wasn't Rogers' fault this time, but I was not impressed with how UPS tried to cover their ***. I really think I'm jinxed.
    Damn that sucks Wireless...i hope they get one to you asap. So far no reboots with this new one and like i said earlier the build quality on the new Bold i have is very good...no creaks unlike my other Bold which is looking a bit tired...thinking about conveniently losing it then claiming it back on insurance lol....would cost me 30 in excess tho.

As everyone else has said Wireless...upgrade to the latest 266 now i think...i did mine last night and its pretty good...altho i havent noticed much of a difference between 247 and 266...i still have an awful memory leak and thats due to weathereye app...but it does give me a bit more startup memory.

Havent really set up my other Bold as im sending it in for unlocking...will be using it as a backup phone or i might sell it.

Anyways hope it all works out for you Wireless...get back on BBM will ya...i need a fellow canadian to pester now and again .
    05-01-09 06:35 AM
143 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD