I searched the forum and couldn't find a direct answer to my question. So here it goes.

I will be traveling to Cambodia in a few days and I recently unlocked my Bold using the code provided by AT&T. I will be using a local prepaid SIM Card while in Cambodia to use for phone calls and I don't need to use any data (maybe wifi if I can find a spot). My question is will I be able to do this without incurring any fees through AT&T? Thanks
    07-31-09 07:36 PM
    If you're using another carrier's network/SIM in your phone, then AT&T can't charge you for the service that they aren't providing.

So, yes, you can do this without any fees from AT&T.
    07-31-09 08:02 PM
    as joemecu says, once you pull the AT&T SIM from the phone, you're no longer an AT&T user (meaning your phone isn't registered as AT&T on the foreign network).

source: just returned from 2 mos in portugal where i bought a pre-paid sim and used it without issue in my unlocked bold.
    07-31-09 09:18 PM
    ^^ as he said

Once you put in the new card, at&t would have no idea what you are doing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 08:01 AM
    Im in Japan and it gets incoming but no outgoing dang japan unlocked bold as well..
    08-02-09 08:03 AM
    Im in Japan and it gets incoming but no outgoing dang japan unlocked bold as well..
    Are you talking about calls? Or texts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 08:07 AM
    Thanks for all the replies!

Can you be more specific?
    08-05-09 07:55 PM
    I searched the forum and couldn't find a direct answer to my question. So here it goes.

I will be traveling to Cambodia in a few days and I recently unlocked my Bold using the code provided by AT&T. I will be using a local prepaid SIM Card while in Cambodia to use for phone calls and I don't need to use any data (maybe wifi if I can find a spot). My question is will I be able to do this without incurring any fees through AT&T? Thanks
    u'll b using a local cambodian simcard, u'd be on the local network.... very unlikely for AT&T to charge u for anything at all.
    08-05-09 09:17 PM
    Anybody had any experience with their Bold in Afghanistan?
    08-05-09 09:22 PM
    when i went to italy i had 2 bolds one with att sim and one with tim sim att sucks for overseas rates.... both of my bolds are att unlocked. the one i used on tim had no att charges at all
    08-05-09 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD