My Bold is running OS .266 on the AT&T network. I am aware that OS .282 is in the wild. However, AT&T is "officially" only up to OS .167.

After a reboot, I have 24.3 mb of available memory. After several hours of use, the available memory will fall below 10. If I don't do a battery pull, it will keep falling until the phone locks up. I've been keeping an eye on it with Memory Eye.

I've tried deleting every app I don't care about. I am diligent about closing (not merely switching from) apps I'm not using. I suspect a memory leak somewhere, but I can't figure out what or where.

People running .282 report having ~50mb memory after a reboot. Then again, even people running .266 as I am typically have a lot more memory than I have after a reboot. This is driving me crazy.

BTW... I have "blackberry visual voicemail" 1.0.0.66 installed and seemingly always running. I have my left convenience key set to the "application switcher." When I reboot, then use it to see what's running from bootup, it's always there. There is no option to delete it, like there is with other apps.

Any suggestions? Change OS to .282?
    08-10-09 11:25 AM
    Here is how to fix the visual voicemail problem. http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/v-2...e-mail-165708/
    08-10-09 12:12 PM
    By the way, a feature of the newer OS is that you can press and hold the BB key (left of trackball) to bring up App switcher.

Do as Lak suggested and delete VVM, AT&T doesn't support it yet on the Bold.

I'm unsure about your memory issue because .266 had the best memory management of them all to me. I had about 52 after a pull.

I use .282 because it gives you the choice of using 3G or EDGE. for longer battery and fewer dropped calls.
    08-10-09 12:26 PM
    Another thing, if you don't delete the visual voicemail, your regular voicemail will not work.
    08-10-09 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD