hi everyone. need some advice. i have a brand new bb tour and am debating where or not to move to att and get a bold. does anyone know if a NEW bold is in the works? recommendations on whether or not to make this move?
    08-08-09 10:51 AM
    >>>if a NEW bold is in the works

it is a long time in coming.
    it you need it now ... buy what you like now
    08-08-09 10:54 AM
    Well the Onyx will be coming out soon and it is pretty much the Bold (3G, WiFi) in the size of the Tour and it has the 3.2MP camera and 256MB memory... It should be out by 2010.

Why do you want to switch from the Tour to the Bold?

I actually played with the Tour last night and found it to be pretty slow in terms of downloading/running applications and mundane not having WiFi. Although the browser speeds seem about equal.
    08-08-09 10:56 AM
    you nailed it. it is extremely slow....and i am in good verizon territory. need wifgi....BAD
    08-08-09 10:58 AM
    Jees, I thought I may have just had a bad run at it... If they are all that slow then I cannot believe Tour vs. Bold debates even exist. I would check out wireless.amazon.com, if you set up a new AT&T account through them then you get the Bold for $50.

There are the stipulations:

$250 Equipment Discount Terms and Conditions

The purchase price of your device reflects an equipment discount of $250 per device that has been provided to you by AmazonWireless based on your agreement to (a) activate a new, or extend an existing, line of service in connection with this device, and (b) maintain this service with the selected rate plan in good standing for a minimum of 181 consecutive days.

By accepting this equipment discount, you agree that for a period of 181 days after your new equipment is activated, you will not:

* disconnect this line of service
    * change your service plan to one with a lower monthly rate (e.g.: from $59.99 to $29.99)
    * cancel required plan options such as BlackBerry or PDA/Smartphone data features
    * fail to pay your balance due each month

If you do any of the above you will be subject to additional charges by AmazonWireless of up to $250 per device, plus applicable taxes.
    08-08-09 11:03 AM
    thank you!!!
    08-08-09 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD