Hi,

I just purchased the BlackBerry Bold today at an AT&T store. It is one amazing and beautiful piece of work. I was wondering: Is there any way to have the LED Flash as notification when you have a missed call? I set "Call Logging" to record all missed calls in MESSAGES in efforts of the LED Flash to blink, but that hasn't helped. It seems that the LED Flash only blinks when there's an email, text, or mms message waiting

On my Curve, the LED light would flash for any type of notification... missed call, new voicemail message, etc...

Does anybody know of a way to enable it? I appreciate your help :-)
    11-04-08 05:22 PM
    It should be enabled in your profiles. If you have phone led enabled in your options it should flash when you accept a call or if you miss one. Check what options you have there and also the "holster" options.
    11-04-08 05:34 PM
    It should be enabled in your profiles. If you have phone led enabled in your options it should flash when you accept a call or if you miss one. Check what options you have there and also the "holster" options.
    This is stevieness. I noticed that the LED light blinks while the Bold is ringing, but if there's a missed call and the phone's screen dims, there's no flashing light.

I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I rely highly on that LED light to know if I have any pending messages or missed calls since I'm a workaholic.

Again, all replies are highly appreciated. Thanks again!
    11-06-08 12:09 PM
    Hi,

I just purchased the BlackBerry Bold today at an AT&T store. It is one amazing and beautiful piece of work. I was wondering: Is there any way to have the LED Flash as notification when you have a missed call? I set "Call Logging" to record all missed calls in MESSAGES in efforts of the LED Flash to blink, but that hasn't helped. It seems that the LED Flash only blinks when there's an email, text, or mms message waiting

On my Curve, the LED light would flash for any type of notification... missed call, new voicemail message, etc...

Does anybody know of a way to enable it? I appreciate your help :-)
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH!!!!

Profiles>Advanced>Click Profile you want to modify and scroll through the options.
    11-06-08 12:30 PM
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH!!!!
    But it is so much more fun to spike your blood pressure...
    11-06-08 12:33 PM
    More fun or more entertaining?
    11-06-08 12:37 PM
    Does the BOLD have the flashing green light like the Curve has?
    11-06-08 12:47 PM
    Does the BOLD have the flashing green light like the Curve has?
    You mean like all BlackBerries do? Yes, but you have to turn it on. Trust me, you will want to turn it off. It's like looking at the sun. Well, a green sun but you know what I mean.
    11-06-08 12:53 PM
    You mean like all BlackBerries do? Yes, but you have to turn it on. Trust me, you will want to turn it off. It's like looking at the sun. Well, a green sun but you know what I mean.
    Haha. I LOVE the flashing green light. Drives my wife nuts at night! And I know I can turn it off but I need to feed my addiction. Should I have a late night awakening I have to have confirmation from the night stand!
    11-06-08 12:55 PM
    This is stevieness. I noticed that the LED light blinks while the Bold is ringing, but if there's a missed call and the phone's screen dims, there's no flashing light.

I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I rely highly on that LED light to know if I have any pending messages or missed calls since I'm a workaholic.

Again, all replies are highly appreciated. Thanks again!

I've just tried this and you are right stevie, it doesn't light up for for missed calls. But if you have a voicemail message left it will flash. So it looks like the only way you would see if you have a missed call is to pick up the phone and check the screen. As a blackberry crackberry habitual type person, I pick up my phone and check it every 5 mins!
    11-06-08 01:02 PM
    Haha. I LOVE the flashing green light. Drives my wife nuts at night! And I know I can turn it off but I need to feed my addiction. Should I have a late night awakening I have to have confirmation from the night stand!
    The only thing allowed to wake me up in the middle of the night is my kids. Anything else is gonna catch it.
    11-06-08 01:02 PM
    The only thing allowed to wake me up in the middle of the night is my kids. Anything else is gonna catch it.
    And my kids are now able to hurl on their own without me comforting them! They tell me after the event!

Love my girls really
    11-06-08 01:04 PM
    And my kids are now able to hurl on their own without me comforting them! They tell me after the event!

Love my girls really
    Lucky you. My girls are 8 months and 4 years old. No throwing up alone for them!
    11-06-08 01:52 PM
    hey i just got my bb bold yesterday but the led notifications don't turn on at all. i went to the profiles and they all say led notifications flashing..but they don't. please help
    02-08-09 01:05 PM
    Go to options>screen/keyboard....you will then see a option to turn the LED on.
    02-08-09 01:35 PM
    Did anyone figure out the missed call LED problem? I've never been able to get a bb to light up when I've missed a call.
    02-08-09 01:52 PM
    It doesn't blink red continuously when you have a missed call. It's only if you have a VM, email or text message.
    02-08-09 04:51 PM
    Plz tell me how to turn the GREEN led on
    08-10-09 03:24 PM
    for the green LED, go to options>screen/keyboard. There you should see LED Coverage Indicator. Turn it on.
    Also, you can also buy bery buzz. It's only $5.95and it lets you pic the colour you want for each setting...including missed calls. Theres blue, red, yellow, green, orange, Purple, and a bunch others. U can even make ur own colour. Plus it'll make your phone vibrate and ring at the same time (instead of vibrate and then ring). Awesome app
    08-10-09 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD