Hi
    Can anyone help please
    Initially I had a problem with the track ball refusing to move up then it died.
    I have tried removing the battery and restarting but nothing is happening.
    Is there a reset button that I haven't found.

regards

john Mc
    03-19-10 09:14 AM
    John, you are correct in removing the battery, that is the best way to reset your phone. Could you pull the battery out again, wait 30 seconds, then put it back in and tell us exactly what happens? What the screen shows, if the red LED comes on, etc.

Good luck!
    03-19-10 09:45 AM
    Mine has done this a couple of times, I don't know if I'm over using it or if that's even possible. But if there is no reaction to you plugging the charger into the phone WITH the battery in eg. no red light, no white screen etc. then the following has always fixed the problem for me:

Remove the battery completely.

Plug the charger into the phone WITHOUT the battery in, leave it for a few minutes and then put the battery back into the phone whilst the charger is still in (hopefully your problem will now be fixed)

If there is still no reaction from your phone whatsoever, or if you get the continuos flashing red light and the phone still refuses to turn on after a minute or so, then you will have to leave the phone for a longer period of time.

Take the battery out again, and unplug the phone from the charger and just leave it for at least 24 hours (I know this option sucks).

After 24 hours, pop the battery back in and fingers crossed your phone should come back to life.

The longest I had to leave my bold to "rest" was 3 days, after which time it started working perfectly well again with the same battery...

I hope this works for you!
    03-19-10 10:04 AM
    I have had the same problem with 2 Bold 9000. Cannot even get to be recognized by plugging into USB on computer. Both out of warranty took to a reputable repair shop and they are also having the same problem getting to fire up.
    According to them they have currently 7 Bold 9000 bought in the last 2 days with the same problem. All of the phones were manufactured in Hungary... may be this could be a manufacturing fault.
    we are awaiting a reply from RIM.
    03-19-10 01:04 PM
    You seem to have two separate problems
    1) trackball problems are mechanical in nature and are usually cured by either cleaning them to get the dirt out or replacing them (with parts from places like cnn.cn)

2) the battery problem may have several causes
    >if there are no lights on when the battery is put in then
    >> It could be a bad battery
    >> It could be an uncharged battery. If you charged with an adapter then the adapter might be bad. If you charged with a PC>USB then the PC might not be putting out proper voltage
    >> After a good charge, take out the battery for twenty four hours. Then, when you put it back the phone will reset.
    If you get a new battery only get one of the types sold here on the crackberry site. I recommend an official RIM Blackberry battery. DO NOT use a cheap-y battery!
    03-19-10 02:10 PM
    I have tried all the recomendations in all the forums so far for the last 5 days.
    Battery is not an issue as we have 4 other Bold 9000's and batteries work okay by swapping in and out, work okay on good ones do not receive any indication of life in the 2 that are non functional. Same applies to USB on computer functional Bold work and can be recognised non functional ones no life.
    Have tried different geniune BB power leads to no avail, work functional ones, no life, no red flashing lights on 2 dead ones.
    These phones have not been water damages!
    As previously stated it appears to be issolated to BB 9000 made in Hungary and repair shop confirms the 7 that they been asked to repair as well are in the identical state and are marked made in Hungary.
    Rim say they have not encountered this before and are not being helpful at all. One of my phones has just fallen out of Warranty and the other is 12 months over.
    I appear to be not to be the only person having this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
    03-19-10 06:55 PM
    The new BlackBerry Bold 9700 will replace Research in Motion's flagship BlackBerry Bold 9000. The new Bold 9700 sports a more modern, compact form factor than the Bold it replaces. Unlike the predecessor, which was only available on AT&T's 3G network, the Bold 9700 will be available on AT&T and T-Mobile's budding 3G data networks. The 9700 sports a design that is reminiscent of a leaner, less wide BlackBerry Tour, currently offered on Verizon Wireless and Sprint; the device will be available on T-Mobile and AT&T later this month for $200 on contract and with rebates for AT&T.
    04-03-10 01:30 AM
    Too bad AT&T doesn't exist on Guam. Here's what my carrier charges:

04-03-10 06:46 AM
    Did you ever have the Hungry made BB Bold fixed? If so, what was the problem?

I also have a BB Bold 9000 made in Hungry and I experienced just the same problem today. The red light will not even come on and the phone is dead.

Any new ideas to self-fix the problem?
    08-21-10 08:15 PM
    I was successful after many attempts... keep doing battery pulls, wait 2 days, plug in with out the battery, plug in WIth the battery etc.. If you are persistent, it almost assuredly will work its way out.
    >>
    Mine has done this a couple of times, I don't know if I'm over using it or if that's even possible. But if there is no reaction to you plugging the charger into the phone WITH the battery in eg. no red light, no white screen etc. then the following has always fixed the problem for me:

Remove the battery completely.

Plug the charger into the phone WITHOUT the battery in, leave it for a few minutes and then put the battery back into the phone whilst the charger is still in (hopefully your problem will now be fixed)

If there is still no reaction from your phone whatsoever, or if you get the continuos flashing red light and the phone still refuses to turn on after a minute or so, then you will have to leave the phone for a longer period of time.

Take the battery out again, and unplug the phone from the charger and just leave it for at least 24 hours (I know this option sucks).

After 24 hours, pop the battery back in and fingers crossed your phone should come back to life.

The longest I had to leave my bold to "rest" was 3 days, after which time it started working perfectly well again with the same battery...

I hope this works for you!
    10-03-10 07:47 AM
    I was successful after many attempts... keep doing battery pulls, wait 2 days, plug in with out the battery, plug in WIth the battery etc.. If you are persistent, it almost assuredly will work its way out.
    >>
    Nope but thanks anyway. I will be calling RIM tomorrow to discuss their software frying my phone.
    10-03-10 05:37 PM
    There may be a contact problem with the battery, or a circuit board problem, but you'll be hard pressed to convince them it's RIM software that caused it. Try taking the SIM card out, along with the battery, and leave them both out for 24 hours.
    10-03-10 05:48 PM
    There may be a contact problem with the battery, or a circuit board problem, but you'll be hard pressed to convince them it's RIM software that caused it. Try taking the SIM card out, along with the battery, and leave them both out for 24 hours.
    Probably right but I will feel better after I vent to them. Why this happens on weekends is beyond me. I do believe there is a power problem I just don't think it is the battery, probably circuit short.
    10-03-10 10:43 PM
    Probably right but I will feel better after I vent to them. Why this happens on weekends is beyond me. I do believe there is a power problem I just don't think it is the battery, probably circuit short.
    I had a similar problem while trying to update my OS after I wiped my device. I was advised to try using a different usb cable. Luckily, it worked like a charm. I haven't had the same problem
    since going back using rims usb cable.

Also the trackball wouldn't scroll up for like 6 months, an OS update fixed that.
    Volume rocker was acting up real bad, pressing the screen next to where the button is controlled the volume, alotta weird stuff, 2 hard resets didn't help. I just played w/ the rocker till it worked again.

Past problems, but I want to let it be known it can be fixed. Hope u guys get it fixed also.
    Last edited by BB_BoldLover64; 10-04-10 at 06:07 AM.
    10-04-10 05:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD