08-10-09 03:27 PM
32 12
tools
    Hello All,

Im new to this site, but seems it could be lots of help.

I have got a bb bold, not new to it I had a curve before this one now i passed that down to my little sister and the problem i find with the bold is that i cant connect recieve any files (pictures, videos, ringtones, music) from any phone i pair with.

I tried with my curve and we could pair and i did put the pass code (0000) and it shows that its paired but then everytime i try sending stuff from BOLD > Curve or Curve > BOLD it starts for like not even a second and it brings up an Error message saying Failed to connect.

I dont know what I'm doing wrong? Everything is enabled, i had it on listen it just doesnt work

Im a big Blackberry fan and actually this is my second bold because the first one i had few technicall issues but now i noticed even the bluetooth is not working.

p.s i am running v.4.6.0.125 (does that have something to do with it?)

Thanks a lot

Fitim
    09-15-08 11:56 PM
    Did you go into Media and select which folder you wanted to receive to?
    09-16-08 12:07 AM
    No but where can you really do that when i go to media and go to options it just gives me Three things for media,
    1. Turn off Auto Backlighting
    2. Audio Boost
    3. Hadset Equalizer
    09-16-08 12:36 AM
    When you go to Media, you should see Music, Videos, Ringtones, Pictures, and a couple others. Highlight whichever one you want to receive to, press menu and choose receive using bluetooth.
    09-16-08 12:41 AM
    See the problem is that it doesnt give me that option, when i press menu doesnt show anything about bluetooth.
    09-16-08 01:10 AM
    You must not be clicking on the right icon.

Last edited by sunkast; 09-16-08 at 01:22 AM.
    09-16-08 01:19 AM
    Thanks for the visual image, but I am using Blackberry Bold and in the bold like i said when i go to menu I only get
    - Help
    - View
    - Explore
    - Options
    - Switch Apps.
    - Close

now in the "Options" Section i get this

Pictures:
    sort by - most recent
    thumbnails per row - 4
    Slide show crap - 2sec

Exclude Folders

Media
    Turn off auto backlighting
    Audio Boost
    Headset Equalizer

does this help??
    09-16-08 01:27 AM
    Do you have bluetooth turned on? Just read the 9000 manual and it should be close to what I have described.

Receive a media file using Bluetooth technology
    To perform this task, Bluetooth technology must be turned on and your BlackBerry device must be paired with a Bluetooth enabled device.

1. In the media application, click a media type.
    2. Press the Menu key.
    3. Click Receive Using Bluetooth.
    4. Click Yes.
    5. Click Save.
    Receive a media file using Bluetooth technology
    Send a media file
    Last edited by sunkast; 09-16-08 at 01:41 AM.
    09-16-08 01:39 AM
    i'm a new Bold user myself;

just figured it out.

go to media; ringtones(if u wanna trasfer a ringtone); my ringtones; "press the menu button"; select "receive using bluetooth.

hope this helps

edit: sunkast hit it on the nail
    Last edited by tthf; 09-16-08 at 01:44 AM. Reason: more stuff
    09-16-08 01:41 AM
    Either im an ***** or blind, but i still cant find "receive using bluetooth" like thanks for everything but im trying to work it out and its not working i still havent found that option even though i know where to look for just doesnt show??
    09-16-08 01:48 AM
    I am on a bold too. Not sure where you are going wrong.

1. Enter Media
    2. Press menu key
    3. Receive using bluetooth

It's that easy. When you enter media and press the menu key what are you seeing??
    09-16-08 03:48 AM
    I see this:

- Help
    - View
    - Explore
    - Options
    - Switch Apps.
    - Close

now in the "Options" Section i get this

Pictures:
    sort by - most recent
    thumbnails per row - 4
    Slide show crap - 2sec

Exclude Folders

Media
    Turn off auto backlighting
    Audio Boost
    Headset Equalizer

does this help??
    09-16-08 01:48 PM
    any help??
    09-16-08 07:21 PM
    That is most strange it is like the bluetooth option is completly missing, have you tried just straight enabling your bluetooth, is it working OK icon on home screen etc.

Have you tried a battery pull also???
    09-17-08 02:36 AM
    Make sure you have paired with the curve.

Then go to media, click BB key and you'll see:

View
    Explore
    Receive Using Bluetooth
    Options
    Switch Application
    Close

Choose receive using bluetooth.
    Then choose the device to receive from.

Other device must at this point send via bluetooth.
    09-17-08 03:05 AM
    I think the issue is the poster has said the "receivie using bluetooth" is simply not there in the options. Most strange.

Shouldn't this option come up regardless of whether you have paired the device or not?

Or must the device be paired for the option to appear??

OP , have you paired the device you want to bluetooth with??
    09-17-08 03:26 AM
    Honestly I have tried everything you guys have suggested and so far its exactly what bodisaffa said, its like the bluetooth is completely missing, it does show the icon on the screen and who im pairing with but whenever i go to media or whatever it doesnt give me that option "Recieve using bluetooth" ...

WHAT THE--??
    09-17-08 12:21 PM
    wow thats a great forum here!
    I am from Austria so my English isnt very good but I'll try my best.

I had the same problems to receive data on my bb. But now it works and I can send music and pictures from my windows xp based pc via bluetooth. But I still have the same problem only in the other way. I cant send pictures or music from my bb to the pc via bt and my bb said it was send successfully but on my pc I cant find the sent pictures?

so somebody can help me? some tricks and advices because its really annoying the hard work with the bt, as I only want to send quick date between these instruments.

With my old sony ericsson I hadnt these issues. I could send the pictures easily.

Thank for listenign looking forward to see a lot of ideas ^^ thx alot
    01-26-09 03:43 PM
    Hi there,

Just registered as I had the same problem.....could not find the f%^&*king menu Receive using Bluetooth although I've had paired the Nokia and the BB 8900.

Here's the fix to get the option in the menu !!

Go to the connections set-up (Manage Connections)

Go to Setup Bluetooth

Choose the phone you've paired with or where you want to send files from.

Now choose the menu button (left from the pointer)

Choose Options....

Go all the way down to Services....

You will notice that Data transfer is NOT selected !!!
    Select it and now you will see the option Receive using bluetooth in the menu of the Media application !!

Please leave me a note if it worked

YogiBear75 aka Ronald
    02-01-09 04:04 PM
    Yogibear... You are a star !!! It works when data transfer is enabled... Thanks mate. Hope it works for fitim as well..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 04:21 PM
    I there a data size limit when transferring files?

I am able to send smaller files but not large ones like videos.

Can someone tell me what size is the limit?

Thanks!
    02-02-09 04:55 PM
    Okay, I am having the issue. I see the option to Recieve Media via bluetooth but when it starts like it's about to recieve the file but it then pops up and says Transfer failed. The crazy thing is that I can send data but I can't recieve. Any thoughts??
    02-02-09 07:48 PM
    Okay, I am having the issue. I see the option to Recieve Media via bluetooth but when it starts like it's about to recieve the file but it then pops up and says Transfer failed. The crazy thing is that I can send data but I can't recieve. Any thoughts??
    I'm having the same damn problem! I'm paired with the other device, click 'receive using bluetooth' but it always FAILS. The strange thing is it was working fine and then suddenly after a bluetooth transfer that failed at about 80% it simply won't connect at all anymore. But I can still send files with bluetooth!? Very odd. I hope someone can please help with this.
    02-03-09 04:23 PM
    i have this exact problem, i have all the boxes ticked the devices are paired but it only offers 'a/v remote control' as the only service available to my other handset!

what on earth is going wrong? is it a sofware issue?

it seems as if there's too much security on the bb so wont allow basic bluetooth unecrypted devices to send data to it.. is there anyway to get around this?

i've tried all the settings i just cant figure out why it wont offer more than just 'a/v remote control' as the only service available for use with my sony phone even tho in the device properties the sony is capable of doing more and the bb recognises this within it's list! crazy..
    02-07-09 11:06 AM
    OK All - I HAD the exact same problem as the initial post.... ie the Receive Using Bluetooth Option was not there.

Now here is exactly what to do.....

1. Turn on your Bluetooth.
    2. I set Discoverable option to YES to be sure of no problems
    3. Scrolled down to services and checked the 'Data Transfer' option.
    4. Go back to the Main Menu
    5. Select Media
    6. Select what you are going to receive - eg Ringtones
    7. Once in Ringtones, I selected 'All Ringtones' (This is because as the inital poster, the Option for Receive using Bluetooth was NOT there)
    8. Once at the screen where you see the list of your current rintones is - press the menu button and you will see the option to 'Receive Using Bluetooth'
    9. Your BB 8900 will then go into waiting for connection. (so start sending from the other device now)
    10. You may be asked for an access code - I used 0000 on both.
    11. You then have to select where you want the file to be saved on the BB and the transfer will begin.

Here's the annoying part that may have caused people to think you were crazy.....

....After doing this once, I now HAVE the option direct from the Media main screen to 'Receive Using Bluetooth' which was what was missing in the first place!!!

Let me know if this is any use to anyone and I will try and get a sticky noted on the Forum.

2. I went into
    04-24-09 11:46 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD