So, I should have a new seidio battery tomm, any suggestions on charging procedures to gt the best life from a new battery. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 10:27 PM
    Let battery completely die (as in not even able to power on your BB anymore) and then let charge for at least 6 full hours afterwards. After that you should be set, both with battery time and cutting down and wear and tear over time.
    08-02-09 10:32 PM
    Also, as with any battery that uses the interaction of metals to create electronic potential (i.e. lithium ion), you shouldn't let it completely die every time after the first complete depletion/recharge. It's okay let it die, but if you do, try not to let it stay that way over a long period of time. The battery will start to dissociate more rapidly at these times I've heard.

Basically do as lionheart123 said and then try to charge it around 20-30%! Continuously topping it off doesn't really do it much good either..

Hope this helps man.
    08-03-09 12:02 AM
    THe battery is lithium ion, so don't worry about it.

As for constantly topping it off, you can keep it charged up as often as you like. The charge will stop once the battery is full, so you aren't damaging anything.
    08-03-09 12:05 AM
    just keep your battery topped off and you will be fine
    08-03-09 12:07 AM
    Yeah I have noticed that while plugged up under Options>Status the battery stays at 100%. So it should be fine.

I was thinking of my laptop, which charges my battery up to 100%, then let's it go down to 95% before charging back up to 100%... Kind of lame! Sorry for the confusion.
    08-03-09 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD