Hi,

All is in the title, the best video format suitable for media player.
    The best compromise between quality / battery life not really a matter of size with our 8 or 16 GB cards ....

I use

240x160 25fps (Europe powa) 400kbp/s MP4
    80 kbps HC AAC
    10-12-08 02:41 AM
    Hi The Jam,

IMO you can get much better results than you are currently getting my settings are

Video
    480x320 @25fps 698kbps MP4

Audio
    192kbps AAC, Profile LC, Sample rate 48,000

This gives really great results on the stunning Bold screen with no lag or jitter.

Marc
    10-12-08 04:15 AM
    Audio

Yes, that plays seamlessly !

I prefer
    480x320 @25fps 650 kbps MP4
    HC Profile / 160 kbps / 48khz.

Plus I've found that NVIDIA Badaboom CUDA Accelerated produce Blackberry compliant files.

On a QX9970 With 2 GTX 280 in SLI I encode a DVD from my RAID 10 datas to my RAID 0 system partition in les than 6 minutes ! Cool
    10-12-08 05:35 AM
    I go with MP4 always..
    10-12-08 05:37 AM
    Hi The Jam,

I should of mentioned i use Movavi Video Converter 6 and just set the 480x320 custom settings everything else is done by the program. As for the rest of your post after the settings i have to admit i don't have a clue what any of that means at all. I just have a simple one click conversion set up for the 480x320 and that's it i let the program do the rest.

Marc
    10-12-08 08:14 AM
    For anyone who is using a Mac, I use VisualHub and the iPhone profile to encode video (and it works on either the iPhone or Bold).
    10-15-08 05:46 AM
    i don't think there is such a thing as best format to be honest as it depends on how the original file is encoded in the first place. unless the original post means straight from dvd, to this i couldn't answer. i only convert downloaded tv show avi (divx/xvid) files.

ps. am loving True Blood on HBO at the minute. :-)
    10-15-08 05:54 AM
    The Freez line of converters are awesome and free. smallvideosoft.com/3gp-converter/(I can't post URLS)

Now, we're talking about converting FLV files, so having all those high settings is useless. If you are converting DVDs, that's different. But for a Youtube video, a high quality one, 500kb/s, and 128kb/s, at original framesize, and going with a standard 29.97 framerate is very sufficient, or lower if you want. I use the 3gp format with mp4 encoding, but you can use their mp4 container (iPod converter) if you wish from smallvideosoft.com/ipod-converter/(I can't post URLS) You cannot use the flv to avi/mpeg/wmv converter, cause it won't play on the Blackberry.

Freez does conversions in matters of seconds for Youtube videos. They also offer Screen Capture, DVD, and mp3 converters. smallvideosoft.com/products.php(I can't post URLS)

Their software also has the nice feature of detecting updates each time you start the program, so you always have the latest version.

I have other free converters like bitRipper and Debut that I often use. But when it comes to a quick, cheap, and totally acceptable size/speed/quality conversion, I go Freez.

Unless I'm on my Linux machine, then it's ffmpeg all the way, and mencoder on the occassions that I run into a particularly strange situation. Or, if I'm lazy, I just load up VLC media player, which has a windows port. videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html (I can't post URLS)

Of course, VLC is better for transcoding live broadcasts, (or actually making a broadcast, or capturing lots of live video from webcams or TV tuners), but it is usable if you have to, though a bit slower cause it's meant for an all purpose swiss army knife approach for playback, not for transcoding.

As I always say, if VLC can't play the video (provided you download the appropriate codec packs), nothing can. For those of you videophiles who like alternative playback modes, watching a movie in ascii text on on a rotating cube, and other "total control freak" options for your video playback.
    Last edited by CatManDo; 10-15-08 at 08:02 PM. Reason: wrong url
    10-15-08 07:47 PM
    I use super converter
    10-16-08 12:37 AM
    I use Aigosoft Video to Blackberry Converter

It has a few default profiles..i select

Blackberry MPEG-4 Video - High Quality

Video
    Video Codec: mpeg4
    Video Seize: 320x240
    Bit Rate: 1500
    Frame Rate: 30
    Aspect: Auto

Audio:
    Audio Codec: AAC
    Bit Rate: 128
    Sample Rate: 44100
    Channels: 2 Stereo
    Disable Audio: False

Its great!@

Now my question is

The video sample that comes in the Blackberry BOLD for Rogers is amazingly high quality! Its HIGH DEF! would anyone know what the settings for video/audio would be for these sample videos? By default it came with Speed Racer Trailer and BMW - its amazing quality!
    Jme777 likes this.
    10-16-08 02:09 AM
    Hi The Jam,

IMO you can get much better results than you are currently getting my settings are

Video

Audio

This gives really great results on the stunning Bold screen with no lag or jitter.

Marc
    What application do you use? i have 2 programs and both only goes up to 320x240
    10-16-08 02:12 AM
    @cocotaso i would not let yourself get too bothered about the settings you are using. as long as the format you are using looks fine on your bold then it's all good. i don't use any 480 wide settings. there is no need as at 320 wide the bold will render it as intended anyways. i only convert tv shows to go on mine. settings of 320x176, 256video bitrate, 96audio. looks good and sounds godo to me. :-)
    10-16-08 04:46 AM
    For anyone who is using a Mac, I use VisualHub and the iPhone profile to encode video (and it works on either the iPhone or Bold).
    I have visual hub and have found any videos processed using it stutter quite badly. I currently run anything already done through imtoo using the BB profile which works ok but is a pain.
    10-16-08 04:52 AM
    Badaboom has my vote.. awesome program, you do need an Nvidia Graphics card though... as already mentioned.
    02-16-09 11:20 PM
    hi all,

I have a 9780 and was wondering how to create a video (im using Super) so that there are no black borders on the top and bottom.

Ive used 480x320 and aspect ratio 3:2 but there are still some small borders even if i expand the screen on the device itself.

Please help me with the correct settings..
    12-22-11 07:10 PM
    The Freez line of converters are awesome and free. smallvideosoft.com/3gp-converter/(I can't post URLS)

Now, we're talking about converting FLV files, so having all those high settings is useless. If you are converting DVDs, that's different. But for a Youtube video, a high quality one, 500kb/s, and 128kb/s, at original framesize, and going with a standard 29.97 framerate is very sufficient, or lower if you want. I use the 3gp format with mp4 encoding, but you can use their mp4 container (iPod converter) if you wish from smallvideosoft.com/ipod-converter/(I can't post URLS) You cannot use the flv to avi/mpeg/wmv converter, cause it won't play on the Blackberry.

Freez does conversions in matters of seconds for Youtube videos. They also offer Screen Capture, DVD, and mp3 converters. smallvideosoft.com/products.php(I can't post URLS)

Their software also has the nice feature of detecting updates each time you start the program, so you always have the latest version.

I have other free converters like bitRipper and Debut that I often use. But when it comes to a quick, cheap, and totally acceptable size/speed/quality conversion, I go Freez.

Unless I'm on my Linux machine, then it's ffmpeg all the way, and mencoder on the occassions that I run into a particularly strange situation. Or, if I'm lazy, I just load up VLC media player, which has a windows port. videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html (I can't post URLS)

Of course, VLC is better for transcoding live broadcasts, (or actually making a broadcast, or capturing lots of live video from webcams or TV tuners), but it is usable if you have to, though a bit slower cause it's meant for an all purpose swiss army knife approach for playback, not for transcoding.

As I always say, if VLC can't play the video (provided you download the appropriate codec packs), nothing can. For those of you videophiles who like alternative playback modes, watching a movie in ascii text on on a rotating cube, and other "total control freak" options for your video playback.
    Just FYI...

This program does a good job, from what I can see, but it's no longer free.
    Cost is $40.
    02-03-12 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.