Hi! I was wondering if anyone could help me understand wich is the BEST and EASSIEST way to "tether" internet to my laptop.

In other words what i want is to connect to the internet in my laptop using the phones data plan. Ive heard i can do it via bluetooth or the usb cable. Wich one do you recomend, and how is it done?

THanks!
    12-20-09 07:09 AM
    Tethering will depend on whether your carrier allows it. Some carriers will not allow you to tether using your BlackBerry. Others may. You need to confirm that your particular carrier allows it.

I'd say USB is the best because your BB is still being charged while plugged into the computer. However, you now have to deal with something plugged into it. Bluetooth is good if you have limited space.

If you have the latest Desktop Manager, there is a tethering wizard that may work (start it up, plug your BB in, and watch it do its magic). But it will depend on your carrier. Otherwise, it's a matter of having to create a new modem connection through Windows, and having it set up that way.
    12-20-09 08:54 AM
    12-20-09 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD