Hello, folks. I'm still a newb to the BB world, so please excuse me if this questions is either dumb or has been addressed 100 times before.

I am trying to run BB Maps on my phone and can't seem to find the icon. It's definitely installed on the hanset (it shows in the applications list and the service books are present).

I know that AT&T limits (read: denies) the ability to run this app on their devices so that we are forced to use AT&T Navigator. I know that there has to be a way around this.

I've searched the forums and was unable to find anything. I just upgraded my OS to .282 in case that matters. Is there anything I can do to get the app to run on my phone?

Thanks in advance for your time!!!
    08-06-09 04:32 PM
    AT&T locked it out, you can't use it anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 04:34 PM
    It's complete garbage compared to Bing Mobile or Google Maps anyways.
    08-06-09 04:38 PM
    It's complete garbage compared to Bing Mobile or Google Maps anyways.
    I agree. BB Maps is/was trash. OP, go for Google Maps.
    08-06-09 04:41 PM
    yeah google maps is great
    08-06-09 04:41 PM
    Thanks for all the replies! I've actually been using GM. I don't really have a problem with it. I guess this more about curiosity than anything else. Though, a friend of mine who has VZW says he feels BBMaps is more accurate. Is that just wrong? Also, what makes BBMaps so bad?

08-06-09 05:12 PM
    It's not that BB Maps was so bad, it's just that I found Google Maps just more to my liking. Interface, etc... is just better IMO.

I would say the accuracy of any Map App would be the GPS receiver and not the Map software specifically. I don't know...
    08-06-09 05:14 PM
    Fair enough, I can appreciate that. Lord knows Google rarely disappoints. Latitude is kind of neat...when it works, lol. I guess I just won't sweat it and I'll stick with GM. Thanks again for the 411, everyone!

08-06-09 05:18 PM
    yeah google maps is great
    Uhhhhh, don't you mean---->

Well lets hit up Yahoo maps to find the dopest route,
    I prefer mapquest-thats a good one, too.
    Google maps is the best-true thatdouble true!
    08-06-09 07:12 PM
    It's not that BB Maps was so bad, it's just that I found Google Maps just more to my liking. Interface, etc... is just better IMO.

I would say the accuracy of any Map App would be the GPS receiver and not the Map software specifically. I don't know...
    Wow, brah. I take you MORE seriously because you have Saget as your avatar.
    08-06-09 07:14 PM
    If you don't mind paying for it you should get the garmin app is just as good as att nav but is a one time fee of $80 as opposed to $10 a month for 2 years

08-06-09 07:59 PM
    BB Maps is really only good to have on your phone because a few apps use it exclusively. So you can have it on your phone to use with these apps but you can't access it directly (with AT&T, that is).

08-06-09 08:39 PM
    I installed the vodophone .282, and during the install it game me the option to add bbmaps.

It still doesn't show up, icon wise. But it does work (tried it with the bbm 5.0 gps thingy)
    08-07-09 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD