OK so i feel like i have tried everything and i cant seem to find my BB bold 9000's IMEI number anywhere!

I bought and used this Blackberry new in South Korea with SK Telecom, never any issues.

but now im back in the US and am wanting to unlock and use it here...
    the only problem is that i cant find the IMEI number anywhere...

when i try *#06# it comes up and says "unsupported file"
    and options> status shows only:

signal
    battery
    file free
    PIN
    IP address

now there IS a white sticker under the battery with a barcode and appears to be 15 digits long, BUT it has a few letters mixed with the numers and something tells me thats not it?

Im kinda in a time crunch here and this totally sucks ***

SO if anyone knows what the deal is or could help me out i would soooo appreciate it!
    brand new blackberry, dont wanna have to go and get another one.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
    04-23-10 04:20 PM
    Hello,

Are you certain the BlackBerry you have bought is genuine? Sounds to me like you have a 'Chinese' BlueBerry. Try pressing Alt + Caps + H for the Help Me! screen, does it come up? If yes, does it show IMEI information?
    04-23-10 04:28 PM
    Are you sure you don't want the MEID#? Mine is located at Menu/Options/Status. Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 06:23 PM
    Ya, I think SK Telecom is CDMA. So no IMEI, just MEID.
    04-23-10 06:25 PM
    Unless you have a sim card too, then its on the sim!

04-23-10 06:34 PM
    Note for "albee 1" - MEID is for CDMA phones only. The OP reports having a Bold 9000 which is GSM not CDMA. The IMEI on a GSM phone is never on the SIM, it is permanently coded into the phone's hardware.

There are 3 ways to find the IMEI
    1. Key *#06#
    2. From the label - should be a 15 digit number (all digits 0-9 valid)
    3. The HelpMe screen - Hold Alt+RightShift and press H (or hold Alt and key EACE)

If none of these produce a 15 digit IMEI then take the battery out, and check how many SIM slots are fitted. A genuine BlackBerry Bold has only one slot. The Chinese counterfeit often has 2 slots.

If you're in doubt post a few photos of the phone to show the front and back without the battery - or compare with other photos from the manufacturer's site, Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com.
    04-23-10 09:33 PM
    Jeez branta chill, where were you 8 posts ago. *

Last edited by albee 1; 04-23-10 at 11:26 PM.
    04-23-10 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD