hi guys,

just got my bold last week and so far its been great. just one thing that has me perplexed is the battery.

i charged my phone all night last night (10 hours on the charger). this morning before i left for work i disconnected the charger (time was about 7:15am), put the phone into standby, and placed it in my pocket.

the time is now 10:15am and my charge is showing 90%.

is this accurate??

gps and wifi are both off. 3g is on and the phone has been in standby the entire time.

the phone will lose 10% charge every three hours while in standby?? this is a bit ridiculous no?

thanks!
    steve.
    08-09-09 09:49 PM
    you might have a bad battery, if you take it to the store they can test if for you, store is your wireless store
    08-09-09 09:51 PM
    Upgrade your os to either .266 or .282

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 10:03 PM
    thanks for the quick reply!

so now the time is 12pm and my battery is at 75%. i only used it to check a couple of incoming emails and sms messages.

i have a few batteries ordered from ebay so i'll see if the new ones help....

little bummed

edit: im on .282

steve.
    08-09-09 10:04 PM
    Are you getting a good 3G signal? If you're not in a good 3G area, your battery will get burned by constantly searching for a signal and switching back and forth. You could try using 2G (EDGE) only, if you don't need to use voice/data simultaneously.
    08-09-09 10:10 PM
    hi guys,

just got my bold last week and so far its been great. just one thing that has me perplexed is the battery.

i charged my phone all night last night (10 hours on the charger). this morning before i left for work i disconnected the charger (time was about 7:15am), put the phone into standby, and placed it in my pocket.

the time is now 10:15am and my charge is showing 90%.

is this accurate??

gps and wifi are both off. 3g is on and the phone has been in standby the entire time.

the phone will lose 10% charge every three hours while in standby?? this is a bit ridiculous no?

thanks!
    steve.
    I also got a new new bold with stock ATT os .167 on it. Battery was crap. Seeing a HUGE improvement aftewr wiping device and loading OS 4.6.0.282 from Rogers!
    I would recommend, like the other poster did, to try and os upgrade to .282.

08-09-09 10:11 PM
    my 3G signal is pretty much always full bars. South Korea has no dead spots
    08-09-09 10:14 PM
    Like other person said, do you have a good 3G signal in your area? Also is bluetooth turned off? And lastly do you have any apps (I.e. Weather apps, im's) running in background or rss readers (i.e. Viigo) that are set to update every so often? Those could slowly be draining your battery.

08-09-09 10:20 PM
    Also check GPS settings - this is known to drain battery if location tracking and aiding is turned on.
    08-10-09 02:01 AM
    Forgot to mention - check your memory - low memory manager will cause the Bold to hour glass when memory drops below certain levels. If at .167 still, memory loss is an issue. Definetly go to .282 if you can.
    08-10-09 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD