I just got a replacement phone. I upgraded to .282 os (which I like) and also downloaded the new bb weather with gps. Its changes your location and updates your weather for where you are. My battery is draining way quicker then it did while running .247. Do you guys think its the bbweather app or the .282 os? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 09:16 PM
    Prolly the BBweather app....I run .282 and have exellent battery life.
    08-01-09 09:21 PM
    Prolly the BBweather app....I run .282 and have exellent battery life.
    Thanks. Do you think I should unistall bb weather and install an older version withou gps ?

08-01-09 09:30 PM
    I use Weatherbug...
    08-01-09 10:00 PM
    Is that free? Also since visual voice mail doesn't work should I delete it? Thanks

08-01-09 10:02 PM
    Yes weatherbug is free...as to VVM...its not easy to delete, theres some instructions on here to delete the files but it requires re-installing the os after deleting the files from the pc. Honestly I just use YouMail, it works great and I just ignore the BB VVM.
    08-01-09 10:18 PM
    Weatherbug has a version that is free. Personally didn't care for it as I felt the navigation was more suited for storm users than trackball users. But everyone has their preferences.

You should remove the vvm. My understanding is it can interfere with the normal voicemail notifications. There are directions (a few different ways) on the forums here if you aren't familiar with removing it.

08-01-09 10:20 PM
    I just got a replacement phone. I upgraded to .282 os (which I like) and also downloaded the new bb weather with gps. Its changes your location and updates your weather for where you are. My battery is draining way quicker then it did while running .247. Do you guys think its the bbweather app or the .282 os? Thanks.

Wow!!! I have had the same problem of a fast battery drain for the past two days...and I couldnt figure out what happened to my Bold!! I have also downloaded the new BBweather with Gps too Can we just try and turn off the GPS within that app, and just use it like before with the zip code I hate my battery draining like this

I'm going to try to turn off the GPS and see what happens.
    Last edited by aming63; 08-02-09 at 12:27 AM.
    08-02-09 12:18 AM
    I turned off the location services under options, advanced options, gps and my battery works like a charm

08-02-09 12:30 AM
    Wow!!! I have had the same problem of a fast battery drain for the past two days...and I couldnt figure out what happened to my Bold!! I have also downloaded the new BBweather with Gps too Can we just try and turn off the GPS within that app, and just use it like before with the zip code I hate my battery draining like this

I'm going to try to turn off the GPS and see what happens.
    I deleted BB Weather with GPS and installed Version.89 (which doesn't have Gps) I will let you know if this help the problem.

Side question- Does anyone know how to remove Visual Voice Mail? I tried one way that was from the forums but after changing the files, it didnt come up in Desktop Manage as an option to uninstal VVM.
    08-02-09 12:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD