I've had this problem ever since I got my Bold. I've turned off the "Automatically Dim Backlight" option, but a lot of the time, it will do so anyway. This is incredibly annoying if I'm browsing the web while riding in the car because the constant fluctuation hurts my eyes and makes it hard to read. I don't think it's a software issue because I've done nearly every beta OS since .160 and I'm now in 5.0.

It seems to be something of a common issue on BBs (http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/li...utions-279185/ - Storm user with same problem) but I was wondering if it was a hardware issue, or just a constant bug in the OS. Not everyone has this problem, so I'm wondering if it's a hardware issue and whether or not I should contact RIM about getting a replacement.

Does anyone else with a Bold have this problem? Anyone know of a fix? I've tried battery pulls, changing the options back and forth, even setting the options in the escreen (OS Eng > Light Sensor / OS Eng > Light Controls > Backlight EngScreen) but nothing seems to stick. :-/
    08-05-09 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD