Hi!

I just installed BlackBerry Blend on my computer (Windows 8.1 64 bits), it worked for a few hours and now it won't start at all. I open the app, it bounces in the taskbar for a few seconds, then disappears.

I tried to launch it with Blend deactivated on my Classic, just to check, but same problem. I tried to deinstall and reinstall Blend to no avail.

I also tried to launch it from the command line, in the hope of getting some output or error here, but nothing happens. In the task manager, Blend appears and disappears. I cannot find any kind of log of what happens.

Any idea of how I can diagnose this issue?

Thanks!
    L. R.
    02-24-15 09:00 AM
    Others have had the same problem. I tried helping (see this thread), but I couldn't solve it. The closest I could figure out is that the "BlackBerry Link Communication Manager" service is not starting due to some kind of encryption error, and Blend relies on that service.

Hopefully there will be an update coming soon that will fix it.
    02-24-15 09:18 PM
    I had the same problem and I thought it was due to encrypting my device recently. But I figured out it was due to another menu/selection bug.

At some point I turned the blend off on my phone using the app. Despite turning blend back on via the app I wasn't able to connect to my device from my computer. I then went to "customise quick settings" and added BlackBerry Blend to my drop down list of settings. I then swiped down from the quick menu and I could see that the blend was set to off despite it being turned on in the app. I tapped the blend icon on the drop down menu so it turned blue for on and bingo, my computer connect instantly.

I seen these several of these selection and menu selection mismatches on earlier versions on the software.

Hope this can help a few people.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 12:53 PM
    Thanks for the tip. However it wasn't that for me, as I had already added Blend to the quick settings menu.

I was finally able to get it working. Windows Events told me that the Blackberry Device Manager service was not started, however the Task Manager told otherwise. I once again tried to uninstall everything from Windows, reboot, reinstall, reboot, configure the lot and for now it seems to be holding up.
    02-28-15 12:26 AM
    Thanks for the tip. However it wasn't that for me, as I had already added Blend to the quick settings menu.

I was finally able to get it working. Windows Events told me that the Blackberry Device Manager service was not started, however the Task Manager told otherwise. I once again tried to uninstall everything from Windows, reboot, reinstall, reboot, configure the lot and for now it seems to be holding up.
    Glad to hear you got it working!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 06:38 AM