I wasn't sure whether I'd have much use for Blend. Now that I'm using it, I'm really liking it.

For one thing, it really reminds me of the Desktop Interface I had with my SideKick. The DI was web-based, not an app, but the functionality was similar. Makes me wonder whether Blend could be a secure web app.

But here's what's really working for me. My office is in an old building with massive stone walls. Network reception is always dicey, no matter what carrier you have. People have been complaining about it as long as there have been cell phones. We have campus WiFi but that's dodgy too, and not just on my BlackBerry. The service drops a lot, for reasons I don't care to know about. So I tend to miss a lot of calls, and the battery drains from hunting for signals, switching, etc. The battery drain is no problem, since I can charge via USB, but the spotty service has always been an annoyance.

The way to get good reception is to put the phone near the window, which is about eight feet behind me. But that's not a convenient location for actually using it. With Blend, I can keep the phone near the window, so it actually works, and have the Hub right in front of me. Problem solved! I only have to go to the phone for an actual call, which is no problem.

I like it.
    09-30-14 09:26 AM
    Very cool thinking. Put the phone away for reception and use Blend for function. I can hardly wait to have access to Blend myself. The daily work time will be forever changed as much of the day uses a computer. At home is more often phone in hand. Thanks for the post.
    09-30-14 09:41 AM
    I was really hoping for a web-based portal. Most of my day is spent in front of my work computer, for which I don't have admin rights, so I can't install anything on it. When I installed blend on my personal computer, not only did it require admin rights, but it also requested for several firewall exceptions...

There's no way I could ask our behemoth IT dept to allow such a new and unknown program to (1) be installed, and (2) be granted whatever firewall exceptions it required. So... safe to say that I will never be able to make use of Blend on my work PC, which is a shame.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 09:51 AM