04-14-16 04:05 PM
154 ... 4567
tools
    I support a larger (or user sizable) text box to type in from my PC desktop (Text or Email). It only reveals a couple lines and its easy to lose track of where you are/what you wrote. Perfect would be those sizeable boxes you click on the bottom right corner and drag to fit what you like. Keep improving!
    05-08-15 02:07 PM
    One drive update in BBW says it supports Blend integration. Sweet!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 03:13 PM
    I really like Blend, it is a brilliant concept. I remember being able to do the same sorts of things with an old Nokia I had but blend has refined it.

I can see such a huge potential for it.

Add Remember and the ability to edit contacts (seriously, who left that out?) and you'd have a killer application.

I would love to see the email client brought up to speed so that it can work as a fully-fledged client. For example:

allowing filters
    subdirectories of the inbox
    signatures (there seems to be a problem with the signatures not working when sending from the phone itself)

If it got a more complete feature set, I would seriously consider using it as my proper desktop client (I know there would be memory limitations in the handset, but that would not be insurmountable (perhaps storing emails older than 30 days locally and the other email on SD; who has 128Gig of email - not even me).

Would be handy to have a "Back" button.

I agree with the need to highlight the current day in the calendar.

It would be nice to have the list of reasonable "wishes" summarised - perhaps at the top of the thread - and know that it was being noticed by those who can do something about it.
    05-17-15 08:25 PM
    Having do something about all our requests is not something anyone in this thread can do. We all have great input and great ideas. Your last comment is full of identical implementation that I was thinking about. If we thought about these things, I know that BlackBerry software engineers have as well.

2BDB5FDF...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    05-19-15 10:00 AM
    I need to be able to make calls from my Pc, blend seems to interfere with skype and I get disconnected phone calls, so if I could just use blend I would not even use skype when calling from my pc. This is needed so I am not connected to cell phone which is radiocative. Please Blend
    let us call from our Pc and callers see our cell phone number, and we can receive incoming calls with Caller Id from our cell phone!
    06-09-15 04:47 PM
    1) Fix the paste functionality in the "Create New Folder" dialog so that it doesn't paste text twice
    2) Drag and drop folders into file manager. Not just indiviidual files. Include a warning if there is not enough space or the file size total is over some threshold.
    07-16-15 05:02 AM
    It would be nice to add some folders of our choice to the shared folders. AKA I have two folders on the C drive that are libraries that I do not want brought into My Documents but would be handy to occasionally get on my phone.
    07-23-15 04:00 PM
    It would be nice to add some folders of our choice to the shared folders. AKA I have two folders on the C drive that are libraries that I do not want brought into My Documents but would be handy to occasionally get on my phone.
    Not sure I understand. What prevents you from adding those folders in c:\ to RFA in Link? I'm using two paths, neither of which are My Documents.
    cavingjan likes this.
    07-23-15 04:58 PM
    I know what he's talking about. In Blend, if you go to 'File Manager', then select your computer name, it only shows you what's in the My Documents folder. You can't navigate up to the root of the drive. It shows the same thing on your phone if you're in File Manager and browse your computer.

If I need to copy a file from my computer to my phone, I do it on my computer and drag/drop from any folder in Explorer into Blend.
    07-24-15 02:41 PM
    I would love to see the following ;

1. Supporting more messaging apps like WhatsApp, Wechat, Line, telegram, etc...

2. To be able to make a phone call or answer a call directly from Blend.

3. To be able to run both Blend & BlackBerry Link simultaneously.

4. To be able to see stickers sent & received via BBM on Blend.

5. To be able to use my BlackBerry to launch applications on my computer like PowerPoint so that I can use my phone as a slide shifter when I'm doing a presentation on my computer.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 03:29 PM
    I know what he's talking about. In Blend, if you go to 'File Manager', then select your computer name, it only shows you what's in the My Documents folder. You can't navigate up to the root of the drive. It shows the same thing on your phone if you're in File Manager and browse your computer.

If I need to copy a file from my computer to my phone, I do it on my computer and drag/drop from any folder in Explorer into Blend.
    Again, it is as configured/designed for me. In Link Remote File Access (on the PC), I do not have "My Documents" shared. Instead, I have the root of d:\ drive, and another specific folder on c:\, which I configured in Link myself. These are the exact same two dirs available to me in File Manager and in Blend. YOU configure the folders that should be accessible. Just add the root of the drive in Remote File Access in Link and solved.

Otherwise, post a screenshot of your Remote File Access settings in Link.
    07-24-15 06:21 PM
    I would love to see the following ;

1. Supporting more messaging apps like WhatsApp, Wechat, Line, telegram, etc...

2. To be able to make a phone call or answer a call directly from Blend.

3. To be able to run both Blend & BlackBerry Link simultaneously.

4. To be able to see stickers sent & received via BBM on Blend.

5. To be able to use my BlackBerry to launch applications on my computer like PowerPoint so that I can use my phone as a slide shifter when I'm doing a presentation on my computer.

Posted via CB10
    What is your issue? I have Link and Blend running right now. Link HAS to run for remote file access to work.
    07-24-15 06:23 PM
    What is your issue? I have Link and Blend running right now. Link HAS to run for remote file access to work.
    I can't sync or back up my phone while I'm working using Blend. When one is connected the other is not.

These features should be given as basic. That's why we use a BlackBerry, for productivity
    Multitasking not one thing at a time.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 12:12 AM
    I can't sync or back up my phone while I'm working using Blend. When one is connected the other is not.

These features should be given as basic. That's why we use a BlackBerry, for productivity
    Multitasking not one thing at a time.

Posted via CB10
    I backup the phone when I'm not using it. The phone calls still come through if needed. You're not expected to use the phone 24/7. The phone is an embedded computer, limited speed over USB and flash reads and not a desktop with lots of RAM and hard drive space. Doing stuff like shadow copies is not trivial and having a responsive mobile experience?

You can run them both simultaneously. You can't use the phone when it's being backed up. Blend is not designed to resolve that limitation.
    07-25-15 01:24 AM
    Not sure I understand. What prevents you from adding those folders in c:\ to RFA in Link? I'm using two paths, neither of which are My Documents.
    I'll take a look when I get home tonight.
    07-27-15 02:16 PM
    And it is in Link. I like it. I like it a lot. I guess I'll have to install it on my computer at work for access to my files and skip remoting into my system while at meetings. Thanks for the heads up.
    07-28-15 10:06 PM
    For the love of god, Blackberry blend needs to be able to print out emails, contact info, or even text messages... this would actually make life so much easier, even if it didn't send to a printer, But just a document writer, so I could print it outside of Blend... Currently copy and pasting into a text document is the only method to print anything, which can be altered by the user who prints, or certain information may not be deemed important and left out. It is crucial to have the time stamps and the inability to modify these conversations.
    08-03-15 11:56 AM
    Drag and drop files!!

Posted via CB10
    kfh227 likes this.
    08-03-15 12:06 PM
    I finally got around to installing Blend today and found it very handy for adding events, since I don't have Outlook or another desktop app with which to sync my BB calendar. I've read all the comments so far, and here's my list:

+1 for Remember
    +1 for find your phone (Tnc lonut comment #99)
    +1 for edit contacts

Installer UI issues:
    - When the installer prompts you with checkboxes for Blend, Link and Device Drivers, it's not at all clear that the checked boxes for Blackberry Link and Device Drivers mean that they are already installed. I thought it meant it was going to reinstall them so I unchecked them and inadvertently uninstalled Link! The installer should also close background Blend and Link processes instead of the user having to open the Task Manager.

General:
    - Bigger (or customizable) font size. I'm lucky I have good eyes; the text is really really small and there's so much white space around it. (My laptop's screen has a high pixel density)
    - It's a bit confusing how the file manager differs from the one in Link. Does it do the same thing? Something different? Are there uses where I should be using Blend instead of Link or vice versa?

Calendar, General:
    - Calendar should highlight business days so it's easier to tell 10am from 10pm.
    - When viewing an appointment it's not immediately clear that you have to click on the background to close it.
    - I'd like calendar reminder actions to sync, so if I snooze a reminder in Blend I don't have to snooze it again when I go to my phone next. (Actually it looks like it does that. Great!)

Calendar, Create new event:
    - When creating new recurring events via Blend, you can only set "Monthly" or "Every [1] Month(s)". It appears that you therefore can't set recurring reminders that occur on the Nth Nday of each month.
    - It is not possible to create new All-Day appointments that span multiple days via Blend.
    - You can't create all-day appointments by clicking in the empty space where all-day appointments are displayed (or on the date)
    - When you click the "Add" button to add a calendar entry (as opposed to clicking a time in the calendar and clicking it again to create an appointment at that time), you can only change the date by increments of one day at a time (or scroll one day at a time). Hard to put in appointments far in advance (e.g. next dentist checkup)

Contacts:
    - Ability to link/merge contacts (e.g. someone you added and a Twitter profile)
    - In Contacts, the ability to view, e.g. everybody BUT Twitter "contacts" (you can view ONLY Twitter contacts, but not the other way around).

- RG>
    09-12-15 08:45 PM
    Anyone else wish there was a more seamless connection from Blend to iPads? When I try to load movies, Blend tends to be on the verge of crashing or locking up dreadfully slow. Apps are updated.
    09-15-15 10:55 AM
    Password keeper

Z10
    09-15-15 10:58 AM
    well here we are 1 year later and it looks like to me the most requested blend feature was the addition of Remember and we still don't have it. I'm going to guess that about 6 months ago they switched resources to the development of getting Lollipop to work with Blend instead of adding new features to what we already have.
    09-21-15 06:43 PM
    well here we are 1 year later and it looks like to me the most requested blend feature was the addition of Remember and we still don't have it. I'm going to guess that about 6 months ago they switched resources to the development of getting Lollipop to work with Blend instead of adding new features to what we already have.
    And do you believe it will work now that we have the prov?

Classic 2BF2EA40 ...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    11-09-15 05:56 PM
    Auto Correct for spelling would be a big plus.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 10:27 AM
    And do you believe it will work now that we have the prov?

Classic 2BF2EA40 ...Playbook 50304327 BBM CHANNEL "POWER OF CHOICE" C00285CE7 Passport Classic Note 4
    No, and I think Blend isn't available on the Priv yet either.
    11-16-15 04:13 PM
154 ... 4567