04-14-16 04:05 PM
154 1234 ...
tools
    Ability to access apps installed on device via blend just like side sync from Samsung
    Wow, gotta say... sidesync does look quite impressive. Pretty much what I was asking for in Blend a few posts above.

Posted via CB10
    hachang likes this.
    10-04-14 11:02 AM
    ..why not using the entire phone on the Computer?

..at the moment Blend is for messaging, calendar, data transfer and editing contacts only..

Why not using it completely..

..posted with my best phone ever! The new BlackBerry Passport! Not sure if I still wait for a BlackBerry slider and the Classic.
    10-04-14 11:07 AM
    Adding Playbook access.

(fuse lit, retires to safe distance...)

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-04-14 11:17 AM
    Adding Playbook access.

(fuse lit, retires to safe distance...)

Posted via CB10

PlayBook access will never be added for security reasons. Blend uses 512bit elliptical curve encryption and the PlayBook cannot handle it.
    Carjackd and Mr_F like this.
    10-04-14 03:00 PM
    PlayBook access will never be added for security reasons. Blend uses 512bit elliptical curve encryption and the PlayBook cannot handle it.
    Whoosh. :-)

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 03:02 PM
    Whoosh. :-)

Posted via CB10
    Long story short, BlackBerry won't sacrifice security just to support the PlayBook. At the time the PlayBook was produced they didn't know the level of encryption that would be needed for Blend and now that they do, the PlayBook hardware isn't enough.
    10-04-14 03:40 PM
    Long story short, BlackBerry won't sacrifice security just to support the PlayBook. At the time the PlayBook was produced they didn't know the level of encryption that would be needed for Blend and now that they do, the PlayBook hardware isn't enough.
    And android tablets are... cool.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 04:28 PM
    All Blend needs to become is an extension of your phone. Everything should be supported

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    samanth, tg1 and Tompire like this.
    10-04-14 04:34 PM
    Remember app and task manage
    Hunter22250 likes this.
    10-04-14 10:00 PM
    @AnimalPak200 This is what i had originally hoped for when i heard about Blend but BB let me down
    10-05-14 12:15 AM
    Support for 3rd party messenger apps like whatsapp. I know BBM is better, but here in portugal nobody, I mean nobody uses BBM, everybody is on whatsapp
    It would just be nice to support apps period! I'd love to be able to post via CB while blending

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    10-05-14 12:20 AM
    1- A full device viewer and control. Could use that to troubleshoot my parents' devices using teamviewer or other RDP.

2- When connected via USB, the capability to initiate BBM video calls using the Passport camera as a webcam/microphone, with the video being displayed on blend.

Posted via CB10
    I second point #2. I would like to see notification for missed calls. In addition to that why not have voice message to text. Because if I left my phone home and missed a call, I would like to know who called. I would also like to have the message left while my device is unattended.

Moreover, the ability to make calls through blend from any device - VoIP calls with Secumart backend to encrypt the call. I'm already in love with the feature that when a device is disconnected that it leaves no trace. The Secusmart feature will be value added.
    10-05-14 12:37 AM
    Minor but important enhancements

1) Support for HTML Email Signatures or at the very least use my email signature defined on my Passport.
    2) Being able to select all email attachments and manage them (i.e. download them all to my computer / phone). Currently I have to do 1 at time.
    3) Edit contacts in Blend
    4) In month calendar view, highlight the current day
    5) View all communications (i.e. Email, BBM, SMS, etc.) for a contact (i.e. activity)
    6) View email by subject
    7) Hide sent emails

I'm sure there will be more as I use it. This is what I've found after the first day of using it.
    Last edited by alexkam; 10-06-14 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Updated list.
    tg1 likes this.
    10-06-14 06:06 PM
    Also integration with Blackberry's Password Keeper such that when you click on the link in Password Keeper it will automatically fill in the username and password on the web page.
    10-06-14 06:42 PM
    I would like some way of printing or at least file saving which is printable, with BB 10 I lost the ability to do this (via third party) and I sometimes need SMS prints/ evidence for legal reasons.
    I guess for security reasons (which I'm not willing to give up) BlackBerry seem not to be releasing this to third party providers like mobiledit or Elcomsoft. Having said that I would prefer this to be integrated into blend. Please
    10-07-14 04:26 AM
    I have downloaded BlackBerry Blend....whenever I tried to install it,it asks for close BlackBerry Link which I have not opened..

If I uninstall BlackBerry Link and then try to install BlackBerry Blend then it ask for closing BlackBerry Blend....
    What's the reason?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 09:41 AM
    Wow, gotta say... sidesync does look quite impressive. Pretty much what I was asking for in Blend a few posts above.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting, but Blend lets you use the whole screen... not a RDP into your phone. Why would I want to see the tiny map on my phone on my laptop when I can see a big one on the laptop itself?
    10-18-14 08:42 PM
    I have downloaded BlackBerry Blend....whenever I tried to install it,it asks for close BlackBerry Link which I have not opened..

If I uninstall BlackBerry Link and then try to install BlackBerry Blend then it ask for closing BlackBerry Blend....
    What's the reason?

Posted via CB10
    I believe you need Link to communicate with the phone and Blend is just an extension over it.
    10-18-14 08:43 PM
    BlackBerry Blend is a good 1.0 launch product.

Here are my feedback regarding it.

Dashboard
    - What in the world does the Hub do? The numbers shown isn't correct. I have two unread emails but it shows 8. Showing me how many emails I got during the day doesn't really help. It will be nice to right click and customize each one of the dashboard component ("hide")
    - Calendar (customize option) to see weekly or monthly also.
    - Battery indicator. Can we get the % shown?

Email
    - I am pretty happy with this. It is like the full blown BlackBerry Hub. When connected to Exchange is it like a light weight client.
    - It would be nice to be able to edit the account settings through Blend

BBM
    - Chat: Would be nice to integrate more of the advanced features to it (voice/video)
    - Groups: It would be AWESOME to add in the BBM group list, task and calendar features into this. This would make it a great tool for collaboration. Think dispatcher on a desktop able to add things into a group calendar, tasks, photos, etc. Need to be able to add in content.
    - Contacts: What happened to the grouping? Otherwise nice.
    - Channels: It is currently read only, but they need to add in the manager abilities to it. They have the code, they just need to integrate it with the site so channels are easier to manage.
    - Invite: It doesn't do the think from what BBM does on the phone (check through contact list). Perhaps show the same results here?

File Manager
    - Ability to drop in folders
    - For the Device and Media Card show the amount of space left with content type breakdown if possible (like Link)

General Feedback
    - As some of the people mentioned above, Reminder integration would be great.
    - If you can add in the ability to print or export to PDF the content you see, it will be helpful. It will also allow Blend to be a print client for the phone.

That's it for now... as I say, it's a great 1.0 product and I hope for them to expand on it.
    Mr_F, DocDRM, pttptppt and 1 others like this.
    10-18-14 09:04 PM
    Really wish E-Mail signatures were supported!
    10-21-14 08:32 AM
    File Manager
    - Ability to drop in folders
    I strongly second the request for the ability to drop folders from desktop into Blend.

I also want the ability to move/drag or copy files or folders from Blend directly to my desktop.

I'm actually surprised the above features aren't already there. If Blend is supposed to function as it is intended, one should be able to move entire folders in addition to single files both ways.

I would also like the option to have Blend automatically launch whenever I log into Windows/turn on my PC (much like how Skype has that option).
    10-23-14 11:26 PM
    - Create a post on your own channel
    - Nickname in group chats above the message and coloured lines under
    - When you have blend open it automatic silience phone notifications (no need to hear both on the computer and on the phone)
    - Make not delivered gray, read green, delivered blue in bbm on blend.. just like on the phone.. this green checkmark confuses me with read.. which is not the case.
    - Make the complete hub availible in blend (not only email. bbm, text) but also the little bell (i have my phone in dutch so "meldingen" doesnt say anything to you), also facebook and twitter and those things.
    - Let me change my phone settings from blend, when I see or learn a new setting it would be nice if i can change it in blend and it will be changed on my phone.
    - In the main blend screen, on the left I have: sms: 1, email: 2. bbm: 8... this makes me feel i have 1 unread sms, 2 unread emails, and 8 unread bbm messges.. which is also not the case.. its messages received today.. so it would be nice if those can be replaced with unread messages? and statis like those you can move to a "statistics" page.. including your own bbm channel stats?
    - Hide things (change the default layout).. I dont use calender so No need for me to have it taking all space I reather have email there so I can see all new emails directly when i Open blend. I want it somewhere on top like bbm, text, is now.
    - Make it easier to copy files from my phone to my computer, now i go to mediacard, copy, select my computer in file manager, then select where i want it (just copy paste from blend to computer would be nicer, also the other way around).
    - Able to see my device information (mem using, space, processor using and able to kill apps) in blend would be nice.
    - Show default % at the battery indicator right bottom.
    - At my phone I sometimes get notifications with "computer blabla has access and blabla) I know that.. no need for a reminder everytime I open or close blend.
    - Remove link and put all backup and sync and those things in blend (can be link api) but at least so I dont have 2 program's running (i need link atm to copy to my computer as example)
    - Ui change, for some reason it doesnt feel high end like BlackBerry is, feels more something like Google/Android would have build (they are the only one that makes it possible to turn good software into bad software, just look at Android as example.. lol)
    - BlackBerry Browser (both work and native browser but make it "desktop view" instead of mobile
    - Change the BBM chat list / chat sizes to anything you want.
    - Sending a picture from blend in bbm doesn't work (bug)
    - Ui Update: Way too much white space (make it a bit look like the phone, and custom background)
    10-31-14 06:17 AM
    Full Remember integration so that tasks appear on the calendar. Agenda view on the calendar. Printing the calendar.
    Hunter22250 likes this.
    11-01-14 10:30 PM
    Elliptic Curve crypto technically is used primarily for its reduced key size and thus speed, so I'm sure the playbook could handle it if they wanted to invest the time / money into this now almost 4 year old product. This will not happen

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 10:48 PM
    If they could use server addresses/ports that aren't blocked by our firewall at work for Blend, it would be great (same with Link for BBID login while I'm at it). LOL

Posted via BBCB10PP
    11-01-14 10:50 PM
154 1234 ...