04-14-16 04:05 PM
154 123 ...
tools
    As some of you saw, during the launch event for the BlackBerry Passport I got to speak with Sanjay Nathwani, Product Manager at BlackBerry about blackBerry Blend. In my discussions with him, the point was raised about how great the CrackBerry Forums are for ideas and feedback. That being said, Blend is a new product for BlackBerry and one that we're really just now seeing the tip of the iceberg of.

That being said, Blend is a new product for BlackBerry and one that we're really just now seeing the tip of the iceberg of. There's a TON of room to grow Blend and a many options that can be added to Blend so what is that you all want to see added to Blend? What problems are you having with Blend now? What do you love about Blend now? What do you hate about Blend now? How can it be improved?

Drop your thoughts and concerns here, and I will make sure Sanjay and his team see all the feedback. Good and bad!
    10-03-14 05:11 PM
    Calls, obviously
    Remember, absolutely!
    Maybe a Push Bullet style link, sync'd browsing or hand off?

Posted via CB10
    DanielLui1 likes this.
    10-03-14 05:27 PM
    More phones! My Z30 can't wait! :-)
    10-03-14 05:37 PM
    Spell check in composing emails!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 05:38 PM
    Support for 3rd party messenger apps like whatsapp. I know BBM is better, but here in portugal nobody, I mean nobody uses BBM, everybody is on whatsapp
    the_igg likes this.
    10-03-14 05:41 PM
    More phones! My Z30 can't wait! :-)
    Haha! That's a given.
    10-03-14 05:48 PM
    1- A full device viewer and control. Could use that to troubleshoot my parents' devices using teamviewer or other RDP.

2- When connected via USB, the capability to initiate BBM video calls using the Passport camera as a webcam/microphone, with the video being displayed on blend.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 05:49 PM
    BlackBerry should release an API for Blend integration, even if just for selected partners(whatsapp and Blaq pls)

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 05:49 PM
    Definitely Blaq
    But first links to actually launch in browser would be awesome to have fixed.
    10-03-14 06:38 PM
    Definitely Blaq
    But first links to actually launch in browser would be awesome to have fixed.
    Where do they launch right now? I thought it used a sandboxed version of Chrome if it was installed on the host computer.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 07:03 PM
    More apps integration, Remember, twitter, etc., but remember mostly.

Bbm voice and video to use the phone as webcam.

Open phone apps through blend to operate them in the PC.
    DanielLui1 likes this.
    10-03-14 08:53 PM
    Another vote for having whatsapp integrated into Blend! It'd be so awesome if it was allowed

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 09:34 PM
    Where do they launch right now? I thought it used a sandboxed version of Chrome if it was installed on the host computer.

Posted via CB10
    For me they do nothing. Even the copy function doesn't work. I have not retested with newer blend app in Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.632 yet. Will have to try when I get a chance

Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.632
    10-04-14 07:28 AM
    1) Add the BlackBerry Assistant to Blend

2) Add BlackBerry Remember to Blend - Integrate BlackBerry Remember into the Blend Dashboard so that we could add / create / edit / remove Remember files / folders

3) Add BlackBerry Maps - Integrate BlackBerry Maps into the Blend dashboard so that we could utilize the maps app on the desktop / plan routes - which could then be pushed back to the BlackBerry smartphone

4) Add Docs to Go - Integrate the Docs to Go app into Blend so that we could make use of it on the Blend enabled device (more applicable for tablets than say laptops / desktops)

5) Desktop Browser integration - develop a set of Chrome / Firefox extensions that allow the user to push a web page / link to the BlackBerry smartphone browser (with support for bookmarks and browser tags)

6) Allow for BBM Voice / Video calls (through Blend)

7) Allow for regular cellular calls through Blend (if possible)

8) Allow for automatic call forwarding to your landline / office number when Blending

9) Add a BlackBerry World portal into Blend so that you could browse / download apps from BlackBerry World

10) I'd also like to see a dynamic message counter implemented in Blend (like the old 'growing numbers' feature in the 10.2.1 Calendar app) - so that the more unread messages you have (for a particular type of message) the larger the icon will be (respective to the others)

11) Allow the Blend enabled device (ie laptop / desktop / tablet) to share the data connection of the BlackBerry smartphone (providing it's in Hotspot range). Alternatively, have an option to activate a Wi-Fi Hotspot on the BlackBerry (from Blend) so that the Blend enabled device could go online when away from a network

12) Add the BB10 browser to Blend - much like the PlayBook Bridge Browser
    DanielLui1 and tg1 like this.
    10-04-14 08:53 AM
    We have not get our hands to BlackBerry blend use and u r taking about, ,what u want in it? LoL we are waiting for official ota of 10.3.******.*****

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 09:05 AM
    . Currently I can't save my changes to my spreadsheet.
    . Can't edit existing Calendar appointments.
    . SMS windows (GUI) on Blend does not get updated even though messages get sent on the phone itself.
    . Reconnect failed sometimes. I have to completely close Blend server (from Windows tray) and restart it.

Using Passport and Z10
    10-04-14 09:09 AM
    Yup, can't wait to test it out with my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 09:17 AM
    Calls, obviously
    Remember, absolutely!
    Maybe a Push Bullet style link, sync'd browsing or hand off?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, please.....would love Remember integration

Posted from my z10
    daveycrocket likes this.
    10-04-14 09:24 AM
    Tested the browser/url link behavior last night. If your computer is connected to the internet, and you click on a link in Blend, it will open the default browser and work fine. However if the laptop has no internet connection (and blend is connected via USB) it will open the default browser again, but fail.

It would be awesome if it could just open links using the BB10 browser... at least when there is no internet on the host and blend is connected via USB.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 09:24 AM
    Improved calendar (settings and editing).
    Improved mail view (conversation view! Hide sent/archived. Search).

BBM: improved Groups (see pictures fullscreen.)
    Personal Channels!! (can't post to channels at the moment).
    Remember integration! (Tasks to the cloud if possible, not just notes!).

I love the experience so far, but it does feel kinda bare bones for what the possibilities are.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    Orange_Gecko likes this.
    10-04-14 09:33 AM
    Tested the browser/url link behavior last night. If your computer is connected to the internet, and you click on a link in Blend, it will open the default browser and work fine. However if the laptop has no internet connection (and blend is connected via USB) it will open the default browser again, but fail.

It would be awesome if it could just open links using the BB10 browser... at least when there is no internet on the host and blend is connected via USB.

Posted via CB10
    ...Or have an option to toggle on a WiFi Hotspot (from the phone) so that you could still get online even if you're not connected to WiFi. This would come in very handy when working on a laptop while travelling (for example).

WiFi Hotspot for a cellular connection and USB tethering for a USB connection.
    10-04-14 09:37 AM
    ...Or have an option to toggle on a WiFi Hotspot (from the phone) so that you could still get online even if you're not connected to WiFi. This would come in very handy when working on a laptop while travelling (for example).

WiFi Hotspot for a cellular connection and USB tethering for a USB connection.
    Yeah but that involves making sure your carrier doesn't charge extra, making a visible hotspot that in a crowded areas (with interference issues etc.). I mean, it's easy enough to toggle the hotspot on the phone... I'd like to be able to sort of bypass the hotspot need altogether, in one integrated mobile Internet experience.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 10:10 AM
    I use a combination of Blend and Pushbullet now, which pretty much gives me all the combined desktop experience I could want!

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    10-04-14 10:19 AM
    Ability to access apps installed on device via blend just like side sync from Samsung
    10-04-14 10:30 AM
    Yeah but that involves making sure your carrier doesn't charge extra, making a visible hotspot that in a crowded areas (with interference issues etc.). I mean, it's easy enough to toggle the hotspot on the phone... I'd like to be able to sort of bypass the hotspot need altogether, in one integrated mobile Internet experience.

Posted via CB10
    Re your first point, with all due respect - I would have thought that was a given. Re your second point - I've never had an issue with trying to connect in a busy area or keeping it secure. It's something I (and many people I know) do multiple times a week.

Having an integrated solution would and should be the ultimate goal (much like how Bridge on the PlayBook bypassed many carrier restrictions) - but failing that, my post was simply highlighting the fact that there are already viable options (if it's something that they either a) want to toll out quickly and/or b) don't want to invest too much money in).

Either way, being able to share the data connection of the BlackBerry smartphone is (and will be) a crucial feature going forwards (imo) - especially when working while travelling.
    10-04-14 10:53 AM
154 123 ...