I am actually genuinely worried that BlackBerry with their track record of making great services and products, will drop the ball with blend by making it available only to those on enterprise networks and not to the general public. It makes no logical sense that they won't, but then again it made no sense not to allow balance on public devices either. Balance is a great service that many people not on enterprise networks could have made great use of (Entrepreneurs, busy parents, list goes on) but BlackBerry decided being BlackBerry, restricting it from the general public. Who knows, maybe things could be different under Chen, but my heart is wanting blend to be public, but my gut is telling me it will only be available to enterprise customers. Why do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 05:39 AM
    I understand where you coming from but you needed not fluff it up. BlackBerry is not dropping the ball on its customers.

While BlackBerry loves the loyalist group out there, all they as is that you buy a device where possible, keep using your BlackBerry device and no other, and spread the good word about BlackBerry devices. On the flip side, it's all about the money...money...money. Well, BlackBerry feels that there are in a position to fight the consumer market after saturating the government and regulated markets with the 'real deal', consumers have no choice but to follow. That is when Blend and other services that you wish were consumer focused will be available.

my 2 pence
    08-04-14 06:12 AM
    How does Blend relate to Balance?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 08:24 AM
    I was using balance as an example of BlackBerry making a great product, but dropping the ball by not making it public

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 02:38 PM
    Balance is only for Seperating Work from Personal. I don't see how this would play for the Public if you don't run a BES10 server.
    08-04-14 02:41 PM
    Balance is only for Seperating Work from Personal. I don't see how this would play for the Public if you don't run a BES10 server.
    So your saying everyone who works has BES10?

I'm a personal trainer, half my life is in my phone and I certainly don't have BES10

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 03:57 PM
    So your saying everyone who works has BES10?

I'm a personal trainer, half my life is in my phone and I certainly don't have BES10

Posted via CB10
    No, he does not say that. He clearly says Balance is for Bes10 servers. If you don?t have a bes10 server, it's not something you can enable.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-04-14 04:22 PM
    No, he does not say that. He clearly says Balance is for Bes10 servers. If you don?t have a bes10 server, it's not something you can enable.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, he's saying everyone who would want to separate Work from Personal would have BES10? That's not true, lots of people would love this feature, however BES10 might not be worth it for them.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 04:24 PM
    Exactly, he's saying everyone who would want to separate Work from Personal would have BES10? That's not true, lots of people would love this feature, however BES10 might not be worth it for them.

Posted via CB10
    The purpose of Balance is not simply having a separation of personal from work. It is to have a locked down and policy controlled environment but also allows the user a personal phone that he/she can use apps/emails/pics etc that wouldn't be allowed on a work only phone without Balance. In other words, having balance gives the end user an actual phone as opposed the locked down bricks many associate with the BlackBerry experience from the legacy devices.
    rthonpm, ronfc and pgg101 like this.
    08-04-14 04:39 PM
    I'm sure that it wont be available for consumers based on the results of past expectations
    08-04-14 04:46 PM
    Well said CJ...and, if you really want all the features of BES and the upcoming Blend, BlackBerry has stated they will make available through resellers. You will have to pay a fee, but if you want it, it will be there.

Eazzy Peazzy
    cjcampbell likes this.
    08-04-14 04:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    No, you are making declarative statements to twist it to something you want it to mean. I won't respond anymore to intentionally misreading.

I think you are mixing up what actually IS "Balance" to some sort of feature you think it is or want it to be. From a usage, management and implementation perspective, you don't get it. A Bes10 server does. A consumer user does not.
    08-04-14 06:07 PM
    Where is the evidence that blend is only for enterprise?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 06:45 PM
    You can have a personal BES10 through a reseller right now. It costs a few $/month. Check out hosting.ca, or do a search on BES10 hosting.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 10:01 PM
    It doesn't seem to cost to much at all. I'm going for it. Just will have to figure out what the different policies to enable and disable.
    08-04-14 10:11 PM
    Considering that Blend plays a somewhat similar although significantly advanced role of the BlackBerry Bridge, I believe it will be available to everyday consumers, I don't think it is an enterprise only tool but instead an advantage of actually owning a BlackBerry device as opposed to competitors devices... sort of how BBM used to be. Obviously, any advantage to consumers is also an advantage to enterprises.
    08-06-14 11:47 PM
    I think it's a way to up sell BES 10 to their enterprise customers - by making it an exclusive feature tied to a paid service. I agree it would be nice for non-BES customers, but I think it's a business decision.
    08-07-14 04:17 AM
    The purpose of Balance is not simply having a separation of personal from work. It is to have a locked down and policy controlled environment but also allows the user a personal phone that he/she can use apps/emails/pics etc that wouldn't be allowed on a work only phone without Balance. In other words, having balance gives the end user an actual phone as opposed the locked down bricks many associate with the BlackBerry experience from the legacy devices.
    I personally would love to have Balance on my device, just to get the separated work space / personal space stuff, maybe if we can enable it without BES, we won't have access to setting IT policy and stuff

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    08-07-14 04:54 AM
    You guys wanting Balance on your phones only have to look up the free BES10 Cloud Market Preview and try it out for nothing until April next year. Look it up on CB, there are articles and a forum about it. Your email has to support ActiveSync though or it's no use to you.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.3
    08-07-14 07:58 PM